Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In February 2

Good morning. :yawn: It's Saturday! Anything fun planned for today? Better get a few extra somethings in before the Super Bowl tomorrow if you plan to partake in any party snacks! Maybe think ahead as well at some during game fun exercises you can do. You know - one team scores you must do sit ups, the other scores maybe push ups... that sort of thing, Make incorporating exercise into the game a fun thing!

Yesterday I didn't fill in any boxes on my new chart! :noway: I did end up meeting my husband down in town to go to the doctor (I got a new perscription for my way too high blood pressure) but the pharmacy can't get it to me until Monday! Then I went shopping for 9 hours and didn't get back home until 10:30 last night. My ankle hurts SO badly! I can barely walk today. I'll have to choose a gentle exercise for later today. I did get myself a new dress from JCPenney's and I got a button down shirt & tank (in size medium, thank you very much) from Van Huesen. Pretty much everything else I got was a new wardrobe for my 3 year old for next winter. Can't beat the prices out there right now. I did choose fairly wisely on my eating yesterday although I didn't drink any water. I need to carry a water bottle with me and drink that instead of diet soda. Anyway, there won't be any rewards for a full chart this week but I won't use that as an excuse to be lazy and not try to fill in as many squares as I can.

Okay - time to check on my son to see if he can go to basketball today...
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning. :yawn: It's Saturday! Anything fun planned for today? Better get a few extra somethings in before the Super Bowl tomorrow if you plan to partake in any party snacks! Maybe think ahead as well at some during game fun exercises you can do. You know - one team scores you must do sit ups, the other scores maybe push ups... that sort of thing, Make incorporating exercise into the game a fun thing!

Yesterday I didn't fill in any boxes on my new chart! :noway: I did end up meeting my husband down in town to go to the doctor (I got a new perscription for my way too high blood pressure) but the pharmacy can't get it to me until Monday! Then I went shopping for 9 hours and didn't get back home until 10:30 last night. My ankle hurts SO badly! I can barely walk today. I'll have to choose a gentle exercise for later today. I did get myself a new dress from JCPenney's and I got a button down shirt & tank (in size medium, thank you very much) from Van Huesen. Pretty much everything else I got was a new wardrobe for my 3 year old for next winter. Can't beat the prices out there right now. I did choose fairly wisely on my eating yesterday although I didn't drink any water. I need to carry a water bottle with me and drink that instead of diet soda. Anyway, there won't be any rewards for a full chart this week but I won't use that as an excuse to be lazy and not try to fill in as many squares as I can.

Okay - time to check on my son to see if he can go to basketball today...
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yeah, I failed with my second chart. I made it harder, adding habits other than working out and taking my vitamins and drinking my water. I added studying. . .which I should do since I'm a PhD candidate, right? Yikes.

Anyway, I'm going to spinning tonight, walking there and back through the frozen tundra (big snowstorm yesterday).

And, I've already logged in my study time for today. It's a brand new week, and a blank chart to fill in. I love my chart. It really does help me recognize my accomplishments, as well as what I need to work on.:wink:

I'm so glad you got to go shopping! I keep trying to remember to carry my water bottle, too. I'm really good at drinking water at home, but I forget when I'm out.

:flowerforyou: Happy Saturday!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    No superbowl for me. I'll like to go to the grocery store during the bowl - all the aisles to myself!

Did manage to put the fork down during yesterday's lunch and dinner. If you do it during breakfast, the cereal gets soggy.

Yesterday I did 45 min elliptical, 20 min weights, and 10 min stretch. I was supposed to do more weights, but without a class, I get bored.

I'm not even going to tell you about our wonderful weather here!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hey,
    I'm still with you guys...sort of. Still getting over the flu. I feel better for the most part but I am very weak. My exercise for the day will be to go to the store and get the remaining items I couldn't get yesterday. The good news is that I've lost two pounds which means I made my goal before my trip that's coming up in a week! I hope I get my energy back by then! We'll be walking ALL day for seven days! Oh and my pants are starting to fall off of me! I'm going shopping on Monday or Tuesday to get a size 12! I haven't worn a 12 in years!:bigsmile: I hope you all have a good work out day! I hope to be back in the challenge next week!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Hi all. Today is my day off from exercise so my son & I went shopping. Got myself a new Giants shirt for tomorrow. I will probably ride my bike for a bit later & will definately ride it tomorrow so I can earn a bunch of free calories. Hubby & I are going to the local Pub to enjoy the game and a buffet. I am 5 pounds from my Valentine's Day goal and I have every intention of giving it my best shot. If I reach that goal, I will have only 10 pounds to go to my final goal!

Everyone have a great weekend!! :drinker: GO GIANTS:drinker:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Going to do 60 min on gazelle while watching t.v. tonight. Just waiting for dinner to digest a little.

I am so happy for you Niccole, you really sounded like you needed to rejuvinate!

I also picked up a new pair of khakis today at Walmart... size 8! :happy: I haven't owned 8's since college when I was running over 50 miles a week. They're a little snug in the bottom, but I have always had junk in my trunk so deal with it!!! :laugh:

O.k., I figured now or never for the before & now pics. I will put them in my profile. If I have to model a swimsuit in August, I better gain some confidence starting now! :laugh:
  • Jackiexoxo
    Jackiexoxo Posts: 5 Member
    I was just reading all the the post and i was wondering what chart you all are talking about?
    can anyone help me?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi all, had company yesterday so did not get any walking in. Will be having company for super bowl too.