I've been a bad bad girl

Options
dls06
dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
I not only had a bad day, I have been being bad for a whole week now. I can't even list all the things I have been eating because the list is way too long. I thought after a almost a year I had it under control, guess I was wrong. I feel like crap. I'm having trouble sleeping. But worst of all I gain 3 lbs back. I'm done!
Today I am going to start again.

Replies

• skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. We are here for you!!!!
  • carla1958
    carla1958 Posts: 30
    Options
    you haven't been bad!!! You made bad food choices. Get back in the saddle! I look at your 32 pounds of weight loss and am so jealous. Think if you can about what feelings might have triggered the bad week. Hang in there.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    With 32 lbs lost, a three lbs gain isn't hard to overcome. You have done this before. Get back on that horse and continue your journey...
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Get it, girl!
  • kctbo
    kctbo Posts: 29
    Options
    We all have those kind of days, do not beat yourself up. Just the other day I did the same thing. I recorded it and just went on. The good thing is, you have not given up completely, that is when it is BAD. So wipe yourself off and let's get back on the big picture!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    So youve been a bad bad girl, now you are going to be a good good girl. The only way forward is what you are doing. Its done, gone, in the past. Refocus, start again and think about the early days and how you felt motivated when you kept losing. Youll be fine!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I not only had a bad day, I have been being bad for a whole week now. I can't even list all the things I have been eating because the list is way too long. I thought after a almost a year I had it under control, guess I was wrong. I feel like crap. I'm having trouble sleeping. But worst of all I gain 3 lbs back. I'm done!

It's a brand new day and thats all in the past! You can do it!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can "relapse" with any addiction, even if you've had it under control for years. I know this because I am a recovering alcoholic and see people with 20 years sober relapse. Don't be too hard on yourself. Just get right back on that horse and ride!! There are worse addictions to relapse with!! Just start today as day one and just live for TODAY!! Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery!! Hope that helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You know sometimes you just have to do it. Don't worry 3lbs is not the end of the world, they'll come off as fast as you put them on. Don't feel bad. Good luck!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me right now. I gained a few pounds back. You can't beat yourself up about it and realize today is a new day and just begin again. The food I have been eating is now making me sick, so that is my motivation to eat healthy again and start exercising again!! :)
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    The best advice I have heard in that situation is "Don't beat yourself up about it". Just get back on track and recommit to your goals, go back and review your goals, and stay the course. You can do it!!!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

The most telling part to me is the "after a year" part...that is what speaks to me so LOUDLY! That is my thing as I look ahead ...I know that is where I have gone off the rails in the past.
    I know this is the trap for me. I never want to do it all over again from scratch.

REALLY Appreciate your post.:happy: It is a great reminder how EASY it is to fall back into old life long habits. You can never let up ...you have to keep your eye on your goals even when you "get there" ...I think that is when you have to be extra vigilent.
    :ohwell:
  • dls06
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who posted. I needed it. I just need to remember it is forever and next time maybe I'll have a little more will power and self control. Thank you again!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I too have slipped back into weekend blinders. I do great all week, then blow it out of the water on the weekends. I made a promise to myself that I am going to be more careful about that because I know now that I can't do that kind of thing and succeed at this. However, I'm also not just trying to lose weight, I'm learning how to eat better overall for the rest of my life. So I don't beat myself up about it too much. I still want to lose another 10-15 so I need to be much more conscious about not doing that kind of thing right now, but in the long run, there may be other weekends like that when I'm at maintenance. Most important is how good you feel physically and emotionally when you are taking care of yourself - it's worth more than anything you could eat. But don't ban things entirely - just maintain your control :)
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    That's the great thing about each new day. It doesn't have to be like yesterday if you don't want it to. You can get right back into good habits!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Starting back on the diet today...

In January/February my sister decided she was getting married! At this point I was almost at my target weight and was maintaining... and then I moved house! I've put on around 12lbs since moving and now I'm back on the wagon to try to get it off as the bridesmaid dress is getting a little snug!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier is a mindset that sometimes gets broken by a bad choice - and that can lead to other bad choices. I've been reading lately about the glycemic index and the fact that some foods actually cause us to crave them more once we've eaten it... don't beat yourself up.

The best thing to think about is that recently gained weight is the easiest to shed... I've found that weight that has been added within 3 months is almost like melting butter... it just goes with minimal effort. You're back on track and that's great.

Congratulations on your hard work, dedication and 32 pound loss!
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options

That's all you can do! Forgive yourself and move on. Good luck!
  • dls06
    Options
    Eating healthier is a mindset that sometimes gets broken by a bad choice - and that can lead to other bad choices. I've been reading lately about the glycemic index and the fact that some foods actually cause us to crave them more once we've eaten it... don't beat yourself up.

The best thing to think about is that recently gained weight is the easiest to shed... I've found that weight that has been added within 3 months is almost like melting butter... it just goes with minimal effort. You're back on track and that's great.

Congratulations on your hard work, dedication and 32 pound loss!

That is so true. After I started, I was craving everything I knew was the worst things I could eat. I was like a Vampire after blood!
    Even my kids were saying WOW! Keeping away from the high refined sugar carbs is not a myth.