Need fun cardio ideas I can do in my garage

Options
Hi All,
Looking for some fun cardio ideas I can do in my garage (where I currently workout). I have turbo fire and love it but getting tired of the same routine. I also have a step I can use. DVDs, streaming, you name it I want to hear it. Was considering signing up for Cathe on demand but have never tried any of her videos. I have used fitnessblender in the past too but get bored with burpees, mountain climbers etc. over and over.
Thanks!

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping!!!!!! Burns 7 cals x minute depending on your intensity level. Lots of tricks you can aspire to grasp too if you like to challenge yourself.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    shirim22 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Looking for some fun cardio ideas I can do in my garage (where I currently workout). I have turbo fire and love it but getting tired of the same routine. I also have a step I can use. DVDs, streaming, you name it I want to hear it. Was considering signing up for Cathe on demand but have never tried any of her videos. I have used fitnessblender in the past too but get bored with burpees, mountain climbers etc. over and over.
    Thanks!

Cathe is great - see if your library has a couple of her DVDs first. She's been making videos forever.
    Here's a site with video clips & reviews of DVDs so you can get an idea: http://www.collagevideo.com/search?q=cathe

Jenny Ford has DVDs and YouTube Step videos

I have a rebounder - pretty fun. But that's another piece of equipment. Look for something sturdy, not the sporting goods store variety. Those are like jumping on the floor. Bellicon has YouTube videos so you can see what's what.
  • shirim22
    shirim22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping!!!!!! Burns 7 cals x minute depending on your intensity level. Lots of tricks you can aspire to grasp too if you like to challenge yourself.

This made me smile...I CANNOT hula hoop for the life of me. I was so impressed when my 6 year old figured it out and I couldnt!
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    is jumping rope an option for you?
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bicycle and a bicycle trainer?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Setup some type of circuit. Include different pieces of equipment, weights, etc.. and place them in the garage. Write down a plan (how many circuits x reps etc..). Get you some music out there in the garage.