Food ideas? - Breakfast and Lunch

Options
I'm starting to get samey samey and may infact turn into a boiled egg soon. What are your favourite breakfasts and lunches?

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have to stay away from carbs first thing in the morning, so I usually have an Atkins French Vanilla shake and some turkey bacon...or a bacon, egg and cheese omelet.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast often but when I do I like a parfait of plain greek yogurt, Bran Buds and fruit, or buckwheat flax pb2 pancakes, or French toast.

For lunch I usually have leftovers from dinner, soup or a salad.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    smoothies every morning: banana, milk, yogurt, oj, frozen fruit and kale
    lunch is usually leftovers from the night before, spinach with tuna on top or some other protein and veggie. I make a ton of soups in the crock pot too and each those weekly.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    A low carb tortilla with peanut butter and sugar free jelly, or pb and a couple slices of bacon (don't knock it till you try it!) After working out I make a protein shake.
  • Br3ntG
    Br3ntG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to get sick of 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of water and a tablespoon of peanut butter microwaved for 2 minutes at 70%. Then a dash of milk to bring it back from "lava hot". Lunch is usually leftover dinner or some eggs, haloumi and toast.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    This may not help if you are sick of eggs, but my usual breakfast is a 2-egg vegetable omelet -- I vary the vegetables depending on what is on hand, but typically have some kind of "green" (spinach, kale, radicchio, whatever), some other vegetable (broccoli, zucchini, asparagus being the most common), and maybe onion, leeks, or mushrooms as additions. Sometimes I add smoked salmon too, and I usually add feta cheese.

Because I like bigger breakfasts I often have fruit or cottage cheese or greek yogurt or maybe avocado on the side.

My alternative is steel cut oats with berries and (usually) protein powder, with some vegetables and maybe some additional protein on the side (smoked salmon, cottage cheese).

For lunch it can be anything. Leftovers from dinner, a batch-cooked meal (I make a turkey leg or breast or some pork ahead) plus vegetables and whatever else I want, a salad with protein on it (one of my favorites), a sandwich (ideally in a wrap) plus soup.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm pretty samey same too for breakfast. Lunch I seem to have cup of soup and change up the side and flavor of soup. Not very creative but your welcome to look at my diary.
  • cottontailsandcupcakes
    Options
    I've just been having 28g of porridge made up with water and some banana, or fruit and yogurt. I'd love to have hot food and more like a brunch but difficult living with 4 adults at the moment to all be cooking at different times, also have an 11 Month Old so looking for quick meals. May just try mixing up some fruit, yogurt and cereal just to mix it up a bit.

Need to do some batch soup cooking as well I think. Try and have a bit of an egg break for a few days. I just find breakfast isn't very filling and I'm hungry so soon after.
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of plain or vanilla yogurt, fruit, and cheerios (or other cereal) for breakfast. If that's too low protein for you (and your digestion can handle it) add a few almonds or other nuts. If you don't like yogurt, consider cottage cheese instead.

Lunch is almost always planned-overs from what we had for dinner 2 days ago (so that I'm not eating the same thing 2 days in a row).
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get samey samey and may infact turn into a boiled egg soon. What are your favourite breakfasts and lunches?

Breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt (sometimes with fruit, nuts, or crunchies of some kind added)
    Mini egg frittatas (tons of recipes online, sometimes also called "egg muffins")
    Bagel thin w/ cream cheese (and sometimes lox for protein)
    Steel cut oats w/ fruit and protein powder (I make mine in the microwave and then add blueberries and a splash of milk or maybe half a banana and some PB or PB2)
    French toast

I make the same lunch most days, just varying a few things:
    -1 sandwich (I often use sandwich things, flat bread, or pita pockets to cut the calories) - sometimes it's lunch meat & cheese, sometimes it's tuna w/ avocado or a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, sometimes hummus & cheese or chicken salad or whatever I happen to have on hand.
    -baby carrots
    -string cheese or a cheese stick
    -1 oz of nuts
    sometimes I add a piece of fruit (apple, kiwi, cuties, etc) and sometimes I add a boiled egg (though it sounds like you're done with those!)