Feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Options
I've been eating around 1500-1600 calories for about 4 weeks now but I'm seeing no change. I have previously lost weight by eating 1300 and exercising daily but now I have a job that requires me to be on my feet for hours and hours so MFP recommends 1600 for me. I have no time to exercise but I feel like I'm getting nowhere by just calorie counting.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    k0lx2svebs80.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food with a food scale?
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am yes.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    And you haven't lost any weight at all in these 4 weeks?

Also, in regards to your diary, there's several empty or incomplete days. I'd recommend tightening up your logging to make absolutely sure of your calorie intake. Those missing/incomplete days could be negating your deficit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I see several days in the past four weeks with no entries. What happened on those days?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you could use a little more consistency - you have 5/6 days without logging or incomplete in the last 3 weeks. However, overall, when you do log, it looks good! With an average of about 1400. Give yourself time.

c7a7vk8ctmg0.png
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Go back to 1300. Whatever works.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the thought that you need to give it time.

Does the job that requires you on your feet keep you moving though? I fell into that trap when I was a bank teller. I thought a standing job would burn more calories. While that's technically true, it's not a significant enough burn to up one's daily activity level. (Which really sucks because the fatigue that comes with standing all day makes it SEEM like a good workout.)