Lagging upper-inner chest

Options
Hey guys, does any body else have this problem or has overcome the lagging upper chest? It's kind of more inward I guess. How long did it take for over all total development, naturally speaking? I'm currently doing an upper/lower 4 day split, incorporated dumbbell and barbell pressing, and I don't even flat press anymore due to an injury that happened about a year ago. I bring the bar, with no bounce to my clavicle to a touch and then bring the bar back up and I've been keeping TUT in mind. I know muscle builds slow, but this is just demotivating me. Is size really relative to strength? Makes me think I'm weak, but then there's always some body who is much smaller than me, lifting much more weight. I really don't know -- any one have any insight on this ?

Replies

• pindertoor
    pindertoor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some struggle here, mines slowly beginning to fill out only after 4 and a half years of consistently lifting. It depends on genetics too, I have a wide chest so it will take a much longer time to fill out. But the stronger I have gotten, the bigger my chest has gotten. Just focus on building overall chest size instead of inner because that will stimulate the most growth. I love flat dumb bell press and incline dumb bell press. But I do them with a mix grip. Its in between a hammer grip and traditional (90 degrees). I feel it more in my chest that way and don't strain my shoulders at all.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Omar is a little off on the pect origins - they are three: clavicular (descending), sternal (transversal) and abdominal (ascending). He's right with regards to "inner" pects.

https://youtu.be/Opctf0dkpVw

• KevFit413
    KevFit413 Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the response guys! Good videos. I'll incorporate different grips and angles on my next push day.