Not eating enough?

Options
A few times now when I go to complete my entry at the end of the day it tells me that I'm not eating enough. I usually work out at the end of the day so I eat all day to make sure that I don't go over and then when it's time for my work out depending on what I do some days I'm OK and other days like the last few days I've done Zumba for an hour and I've burned a whole lot more calories than I thought I was going to. Now it's telling me that I didn't eat enough. What do I do? Exercise earlier eat more?

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Learn to listen to your body more than the calculator or computer. If you feel fine, are strong in your workout, recover well, sleep well, and have enough energy to take care of all your responsibilities - the answer is right there.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    How much are you leaving behind? 100 or 500? Do you exercise on the weekends? Look at your diary over an entire week -- are you still leaving much behind when you combine 7 days of exercise and eating? I do not exercise everyday, usually 3-4 days a week, 5 on a very good week, and when I roughly tally up my calories on the week, I am close to eating all that I should.

This may be the same for you. Remember that this is a lifestyle improvement, so, don't be alarmed. Try to fiddle with your eating. Look at your other numbers, too. Are you making headway on other goals? Inches lost, pounds lost, increased endurance, etc. Obviously, one doesn't want to leave too many calories behind as that may make losing weight/inches a bit more of a struggle, but looking at the broader picture may ease your alarm.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A quick look through your diary has one day in the past week where you've consumed 1100 calories or more ... one day under 500 calories consumed ... several in the 900s. At that level of intake it is difficult to get the minimum nutrition.

That's without considering net calories ... intake - exercise.

Reevaluate your logging. Ensure it is spot on. If you are in fact eating that little, you are likely short of nutrients.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    A quick look through your diary has one day in the past week where you've consumed 1100 calories or more ... one day under 500 calories consumed ... several in the 900s. At that level of intake it is difficult to get the minimum nutrition.

That's without considering net calories ... intake - exercise.

Reevaluate your logging. Ensure it is spot on. If you are in fact eating that little, you are likely short of nutrients.

I concur with all of this