How many cal's do you leave at the end of the day?

Options

Replies

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Some days 0, some days over, some days 300. Depends on what I ate and whether I worked out.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Depends on my "food mood" that day. Somedays I'm not hungry and have no cravings and leave up to 400. Other days I want to eat all the food, lol. On those days I eat every single one plus some of my exercise calories. It all seems to balance out in the end for a 2-3 pound a week weight loss. I have a lot to lose. A whole lot. So I can get away with it.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i always eat all my calories otherwise i wake up hungry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    All of them.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I leave a BUNCH on the table during the weekdays. I have about 2500 to eat each day that I'm not at the gym (well over 3000 on gym weekdays), but try not to go over 2000 Monday - Friday, and will generally try not to go much over 1700.

I bank them for the weekends, and also have a gym day one weekend day as well so that I don't have to worry too much about logging extraordinarily accurately Saturday - Sunday.

My log is extremely accurate Monday - Friday, but usually just a rough outline to make sure I'm not going too overboard on the other days. If I hit my mark, I'll be right around the 7000cal deficit for the week overall.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    As close as i can..why should i underfeed ( deny important nutrition to ) my body on purpose?

95069916.png

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I go by weekly calories, so I typically bank 100 per day, and use them for a calorie heavy day. So, essentially, I leave close to no calories left uneaten by week's end.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    all of it, obviously, otherwise what's the point of having it set that high? I've finished under a couple of times when i've been feeling ill, but other than that...
    What do you mean by set that high? Depending on starting weight, 1380 could be very low.

• Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Prior to fitbit I would eat most of my exercise calories back, usually leaving about 100-200 left most days. However, with my fitbit adjustments I tend to leave a lot more as I just don't feel hungry by bedtime. There are times when it's over 500 calories left. I am not sure how accurate but hey. Also since I do get lazy with weighing some foods, I figure it makes up for any errors. I have my mfp set to sedentary as well.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I go by weekly calories, so I typically bank 100 per day, and use them for a calorie heavy day. So, essentially, I leave close to no calories left uneaten by week's end.

This.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I try to bring it to zero, unless I 'm baking cookies.

Fixed
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I read the title I took this as "how many calories do you save for evening snacks?" :)

If you get at least 1200 I wouldn't stress. But I wouldn't stress about eating the 1380 either.

When I plugged in my info to start @ 2 pounds a week MFP gave me 1200. I've very rarely come in under 1200.

I recently fiddled with my goals to increase my protein. I try to get that in, or as close as I can at least. Calories are set to 1400 now, but I usually don't eat back anything for exercise and don't even pretend to know what my exercise burn is. I do have a vivofit linked, but so far as I know it is just tracking all movement as walking/steps though some of my exercise is more vigorous than that.

ETA: so, random curiosity...wiki says I'm working in my VO2 max range on the elliptical. Who knows if the HRM on the machine is right though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate#/media/File:Exercise_zones_Fox_and_Haskell.svg
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Like 2. Lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Generally all of them. It is a goal to reach.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options

This, here too...and it works perfectly!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I generally don't leave any. I don't really have a calorie goal right now though, just a maximum and a minimum. My maximum is maintenance, and my minimum is four hundred under maintenance. I almost always eat my maximum. I give myself a leeway of fifty calories, so whether I'm fifty over or under, I still consider my goal met.

If you set your activity level at sedentary but you believe you're actually slightly more active then that, then there's no reason to leave any calories in your bank. MFP is already giving you a calorie goal based on less activity than your doing, so that goal is already a bit low (granted, maybe by a neglible amount, but still..).

Basically the bottom line is that the goal includes your deficit. You should eat that much - unless you have some legitimate reason, like the people who go weekly or whatever it may be. If you're just trying to lose weight faster, why not set your goal lower? You can manually adjust your calorie goal. (That said, I'm a huge propenent of slow weight loss and pretty well against 1200 calorie diets without medical reasons.)
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I try to be as close as possible. Some days that means leaving calories, and sometimes it means going over. I figure it evens out over time.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I usually end up with 300 to 400 left, I do a fair bit of exercise, and don't eat all those calories back,
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Zero.

The winner is the person who can eat the MOST yummy food, and still meet his/her weight and fitness goals.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »
    I usually end up with 300 to 400 left, I do a fair bit of exercise, and don't eat all those calories back,

Same here, plus I don't 100% trust fitbits calorie burn. I can sometimes earn an extra 1,000 calories just by walking. Plus there are times I don't log a taste of this and that, so I prefer that buffer. And I am by no means losing weight at an alarmingly fast pace!