Hello

Options
Hi. I'm new to MFP and learning the ropes. I'm a mom of 4 and trying to get healthy. Joined the gym and changing my food intake. Any one have any advice, I'd love to hear it.

Replies

• whoelse9397
    whoelse9397 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started working out and changing food also. I keep hearing breakfast is very important. I found some cool overnight oatmeal recipes that include chia seeds, yogurt and fruit. I had my 1st one this morning which was kind of different but yummy. today I will start on zumba.
  • shanteltara2015
    shanteltara2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive learned my first 100 lbs that sticking to the calorie intake for the week, and one non counted cheat meal a week completely helped me stay motivated. Also just 30 mins a day min of exercise and the first pounds flew off. Sending you a friend request.
  • ronda112
    ronda112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is often very slow. Being older does that too most of us. If I watch carbs I will lose faster...just a little tip. I agree with Shanteltara. At least 30 min of exercise is essential and I try to watch my calories and carbs daily until a certain date then have a little cheat day if I have met my weight loss goal. Even my cheats are within limits...just treat myself to something I miss... like pancakes for breakfast or a vanilla ice cream cone after dinner.
  • MarcScore
    MarcScore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned a year older, and I've changed my diet to vegan, well at least no meat and very reduced dairy. Lots of veggies and grains, beans and such. Was boring at first but now not so bad. Lost 12 pounds in two months. Looking forward to another 12 pounds..
  • linmc0109
    linmc0109 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys. Thanks sooo much. I'm definitely watching the calories and I guess carbs too with out realizing! So far not bad but I'm hungry more often.
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! :D