Any size 12 - 6's

Options
Most of the success stories are about larger losses :) which are all great but I really wana hear about the ladies in their 20s who lost 20 or so pounds. Kinda like I am aiming to do.

I have been fad dieting and yo-yoing for a year or 2 and I am ready to make the change and be patient. My plan is to up my cals and to exercise (without killing myself) and like I said to be patient.

I have given myself 2-3 months to lose 20 pounds.

Are any other 20 or so girls who have pulled this off? :) I'd like to hear from you. How was the journey? How did you do it? How are you feeling now? Anything I need to be aware of?

Thank you!

Replies

• jillbright19782016
    Options
    Well I have 20 lbs to lose , and I've lost 5 so far . I am cutting my calories from 1500-1200 , I put everything into the fitness pal food diary. Be really strict on yourself , when I have a craving I have a tea coffee or a source yogurt 35 calories , it works for me to kill the craving
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started at a 12 and now I'm a 6. I lost almost 20 lbs but I'm still looking to lose 10-15. I'm 29. Started at 165 and today I'm 148. I'm 5'7". I took a year to lose the first ten but lost the next ten in the last month and a half. I eat 1200 calories a day and work out 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. But that's because I decided I wanted to seriously buckle down and lose as much as possible before my brother's wedding.
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/2 way there. 28, Started size 9 @ 147 and now size 3/4 133. Took about 6 weeks so hoping to get the next 10 off in the next 4-6 weeks
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It took me about 7 months to lose 30lbs. From 152 to 132. I went from a size 10 being tight to now a size 4 being loose. I really have to watch my portion size since I have a 4 year old daughter who I have to cook more high fat to help gain weight. I also did couch to 5k and am now training for a half marathon and tough mudder. Im back in nursing school full time which is kicking my butt so I'm focused on maintaining and toning right now.
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I should add the lowest I let my calories go is 1500 because I love food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!