Consistency

Options
Hello everyone. So I do really well during my work week, I'm structured and drink lots of water (exercise has never been my problem, it's always the food). My problem is that during the weekends since I'm not always doing the same thing I'm not always on point. Does anyone have any tips/ideas for me to stay focused on my weekends and days off as well? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You could eat a little less all week and eat those saved calories on the weekend.
  • pchca
    pchca Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's all mental. I feel like, "Why should I fall off the wagon this weekend when I busted my *kitten* all week?"
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem- I work from home, and on days my husband is home, all my best plans go out the window.
    I've found that if I just plan one day as a splurge day- Saturday morning brunch is popular in our house- and one meal out where we can both be responsible for our eating, I can manage to stay pretty much in my intake zone. I also 'save up' a few calories during the week so that if Saturday morning waffles get a little out of control in the maple syrup department, I don't feel bad about it. I just log everything, and make sure my weekly averages are on target. :)
  • ajhawke86
    ajhawke86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I take my lunch box with healthy snacks with me wherever I go. If I know I will be eating out, I will have a hard boiled egg or a few almonds before so I'm not starving and make bad choices. Even when I am running to my nephews ball games, I take a zip lock with clementines or string cheese. Try to keep yourself from getting too hungry.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    You probably just need different rhythms & routines for the weekend. Add a little structure. It's okay for the two to be different.
  • jessicag1361
    jessicag1361 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! Ugh the struggle is real but I will get there!