ACK! Sisters Wedding/ Rantish post

Options
I put this here because it deals a bit with both food and exercise and I could def use some motivation! So my sister has decided that her wedding is going to be THIS August.... She doesn't even have her ring yet! Not my business on that part lol but that doesn't leave me NEARLY as much time as I thought I had! I have around 85 pounds to lose for my goal weight of 135-140. Even if I can lose a good chunk of that I will be happy! any suggestions?! I've been jogging in place with Wii Fit Plus and also doing the Step Aerobics on it. I burn about 200-250 cals for 20-30 minutes according to my Polar F4 I think tomorrow I'm going to step up my game and pull out my EA Sports and kick it up. problem is that's not nearly as much fun for me its things like squats and lunges. BORING! though some years ago I was 260 pounds and got down to 210 in less than a year (not sure the exact amount of time) using it...

I think my biggest issue is everyone says its all about diet and I'm POOR (about 200-250$ for food for 2 people a month) I can only do so much and add that to the both of us tending to be a bit picky doesn't help! Take today for example She made Chili I don't really like chili but I'll humor her for the 2 days of it. I DO like the protein I get from it! I have a hard time hitting the protein goals! I lived off of chicken and frozen veggies for the year before I met Tracy. Never lost weight (didn't truly try) with it but did maintain. She however doesn't care for chicken and veggies it's to "white" aka plain no flavor for her. needless to say we end up with like half a month of pasta meals each month. blech but the parm cheese is good! So I know everyone says losing weight is mostly in the kitchen but with us having the same few meals each month both for cost and for convince I don't think that's going to be possible for me. I mean if I do it right I can stay under my calories and the exercising does help me on that but I'll never be able to hit my protein goals and things unless I win the lottery! It doesn't help that we only shop once a month so affording things like Greek yogurt and then finding a place for it in the fridge just doesn't work well. Though I try to buy a few each month any how just cause YUM!

I'm not really sure there is a question here so much as I'm just feeling a bit irked with my sister on her choices of when... I was hoping to at least be under 200 before trying on dresses! And we wont EVEN get into the what am I going to do for a REAL bra?! So yeah ACK! pretty much sums up this book! :#

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I wasn't really sure if you where asking a question or just venting ( both are 100% fine here )
    But as far as weight loss goes, it comes down to calories. It makes no difference as to which foods you pick for weight loss. Calories in - calories out. Eat less then you burn and you will lose weight. The foods you pick are your own business. But as far as weight loss goes, it comes down to the calories. You can eat pasta every day and still lose weight as long as you stay within your calorie goal. Get yourself a food scale. Weigh your foods , log them here. Don't guess or estimate portions. Weigh all your solids and measure your liquids.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i feel like I'm reading the comic Kathy. ACK!!! With so much to lose you can probably lose about 30-35 pounds by august which trust me, you will feel fantastic over! you will feel like a success. You can really bump up flavor with herbs, start getting creative. Invest in a digital kitchen scale.
  • AnTHudacek
    AnTHudacek Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have done this twice - Let myself go in between and am on round #3 - Protein shake in the morning - this is my breakfast (Just the Walmart ones - Ya can get a 12 pack for $10) Billy Blanks Tae-Bo right afterwards. He offers several different work-outs...When I got bored with one or wanted to target a certain area I would pull out a different DVD. I start out REALLY small...Only doing 5-7 minutes of the DVD and work my way up adding the next "move" or exercise every couple of days until I'm through the whole CD. Top that off with a high protein diet and walking at least 3 days a week (one mile) This time and the last I found this and started tracking my food as well. First time I lost the 40#'s I needed to lose (when I was 26 years old) The 2nd time - Age 41 - I went from 220 to 175 in 6 months January 1st through June 30th and lost another 28#'s from July 1st to the middle of November. Everyone is different but I swear by this... I've done it twice before and this time I'm 4 days into it and am looking forward to the results. Now I just need to figure out how to maintain when I'm done this time. :)
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Like Thorsmum said, log and measure everything. Eat at a calorie deficit. If you really want it you'll succeed in losing a good amount but you gotta be disciplined
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I actually do have a food scale but don't use it as much as I'd like due to it randomly shutting off in the middle of my measuring things. If any one know of a decent scale that doesn't do that I'm willing to budget it in and buy it! It's pretty frustrating lol. I actually do have some protien powders my sis gave me after she wasn't able to stomachs them. They smell good out of the container like their flavor a suggest they should. But once I mix it up I can smell what I assume is the whey in them and can taste it. Not as bad as most but still bad enough I have to be desperate before making one. If there's any suggestions on how to make it less smelly or odd tasting I'll try it! The one I've tried is a peach lemonade or something. I have been getting better and stricter with watching my calories as I have a cute pair of shorts I wanted to get into this summer but my sisters thing kinda spurred a moment of panic in me. Thanks all! I'm 225 now and I don't think we're dress shopping before mid March so hopefully I can get as close to my under 200 goal as possible before then. Ok at least to the 210 I got down to several years ago! It's my lowest weight since I'm not sure when.
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've replaced ground beef i ground turkey in my chili and pasta sauces. This cuts the calories significantly. Spaghetti squash instead of pasta also helps cut down on calories. If chicken is too plain you could try different seasonings. I use chili powder and cayenne to add flavour. Also seasoning salt on veggies is yummy.