Viewing other peoples diaries

I am reasonably new to MFP and need some help understanding how to get the most from it.... I would like to view other peoples diaries so I can get some inspiration for meals and snacks but I'm not sure how to do this. Do I have to make 'friends' with people? Can I search somewhere for diaries? Can I save a setting so it's easy to see what other people have been eating that day?
Thanks!

Replies

• KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    You have to make friends with people that have their food diaries open. There are recipe groups you can join and blogs to read. Good luck!
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    You can add me and view my diary. Some people set their diary's as private, public or only for friends. I eat a LCHF (low carb high fat) diet though so it might be different than what you're used to.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    You can add me!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    It depends on whether or not the person whose diary you want to view has their diary setting on public, private or friends. Public diaries can be viewed by anyone. Some people only have their diaries open to their "friends" so you have to friend that person before you can peek at their diary. Other people have their diaries set to private so even if you are a "friend" you still won't be able to view that person's diary. I have an open diary so knock yourself out! Best of luck to you!
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Feel free to snoop. :D
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Mine is open to friends
  • Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Open very simple diet. Chicken and more chicken most days
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    My diary is open to friends. I mostly cook from scratch. I try to get a decent amount of protein. I don't exclude any food groups or do anything else radical. I do IF and eat within a 16/8 (11am-7pm) window, but that's just an eating pattern that suits me and nothing to do with what or how much I eat. You're welcome to send me an FR and have a look around.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Mine is open to friends, more or less consists of protein based main with some sort of salad or veg and a carb such as rice.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    My diary is open. I try to eat at least 90 grams of protein. Lately I've been relying on protein shakes to help me get there, but the majority of my diet is whole foods.
  • cookiemachin
    cookiemachin Posts: 7 Member
    Mine is open to friends if anyone wants to add me. Diary on a budget, do the best I can and it works for me.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    And yours is closed because ...............
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2016
    KeysGirl23 wrote: »
    You have to make friends with people that have their food diaries open. There are recipe groups you can join and blogs to read. Good luck!

Nope - many, many people have open diaries. Just click on their profile.