chocolate & peanut butter

Options
i absolutely LOVE anything chocolate and peanut butter.....I have been leaving calorie room for it everyday, but still feel guilty for my snack. ( yes usually a reeses cup) anyone have any ideas of something just a little healthier that is chocolate and peanut butter?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein shake with a few tablespoons of pb2 powdered peanut butter. Yummmmmmmmmmm!
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein shake with a few tablespoons of pb2 powdered peanut butter. Yummmmmmmmmmm!

Yesssssss
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite are:

Bear Naked Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip bars.

Kind Bars Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip.

All the goodness of pb & chocolate with the added benefit of extra protein, fiber, and less sugar.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition choc/peanut butter casein (thick and creamy) powder mixed with yogurt and/or cottage cheese or made into a delicious smoothie, or pudding. Much more filling than a couple little reeses PB cups.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories and have met your nutrient goals for the day, eat the Reese's. I almost always have some kind of dessert at night.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    FroggyIN16 wrote: »
    i absolutely LOVE anything chocolate and peanut butter.....I have been leaving calorie room for it everyday, but still feel guilty for my snack. ( yes usually a reeses cup) anyone have any ideas of something just a little healthier that is chocolate and peanut butter?

Why do you feel guilty? Because you don't think you're eating clean if you eat a reeses? Because you think you're not allowed things you enjoy eating? Because you're taking that reeses out of the mouth of a starving child in...wherever the starving children are these days?

Why, Froggy? Whyyyyyyyyyy?? :)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Try dark chocolate (65% Cacao) and Almond Butter instead. Almonds don't have the cancer link that peanuts do. Why tempt fate? ;)
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Awww, don't feel guilty. If it all fits in for the day, no worries. ;)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Every night I have 2 pieces of dark chocolate with 1 tablespoon of almond butter on a 60 cal. biscuit. Delish. No worries as long as it fits into your calorie allowance, pick anything you like.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Fiber one has some that are chocolate and peanut butter and taste good with ony 90 calories and you get 5g fiber
  • FroggyIN16
    FroggyIN16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do the protein shake thing in the summer...but I don't like cold things in the winter. Thanks for all the ideas....it does fit in my calories....just thought if I could find something with a little less calories it would be even better :)
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try the newer PB2 that has premium chocolate added.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    why do you need an alternative? if it fits into your daily calories Enjoy!!!!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you have the calories and have met your nutrient goals for the day, eat the Reese's. I almost always have some kind of dessert at night.

Yep
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Quest - Chocolate Peanutbutter bar - 170 calories, is decent.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    Quest - Chocolate Peanutbutter bar - 170 calories, is decent.

I'm the same, I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter together! I've found a few good snack bars that I have from time to time. Some here may like these, some may not...

Quest bars (as above)
    Larabar (they have a chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter cookie version)
    Special K meal bars (I've only had the chocolate/peanut butter version)

All are about 200 calories (or less) and I fit them in as a snack either in the afternoon or after dinner. Because sometime you just have to scratch the chocolate/peanut butter itch!

But at the end of the day, one Reese's PB Cup isn't going to do any harm, either.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I do the protein shake thing in the summer...but I don't like cold things in the winter. Thanks for all the ideas....it does fit in my calories....just thought if I could find something with a little less calories it would be even better :)

Nope. No bonus points for "healthy food" when you're already within your calorie goal. :)
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Earnest Eats Choco Peanut butter - 230 calories
    http://www.earnesteats.com/our-foods/energy-bars-facs/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

You'll get more PB and chocolate if you eat straight PB and chocolate. I sometimes crush a Ghiradelli square and have it on top of peanut butter.
  • hittrain
    hittrain Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    As a resident of the "Buckeye" (in this case balls of peanut butter encased in chocolate) state, we have a baseline of PB and Chocolate in our bloodstream, at all times. What we do is make peanut butter (easy as pie; buy peanuts, clean, cook in oven, blend) and melt dark chocolate (lower calorie) and combine into ball form. We get a lot more bang for the buck and the taste is spot on.