Trying to lose 60 pounds

Options
I am trying to lose 25 pounds before April. I know I won't lose all that I want but if I can keep motivated I will get to my target goal. I hope that with support from family and people here I will succeed.

Replies

• goldensa
    goldensa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck. That is a hard goal, hope you keep it up!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) Have you looked into a lifting program? Or maybe 30 day shred. That's what I used to jump-start my motivation the first time I joined (after the 1200 calorie diet was a major fail lol)
  • jseltzer108
    jseltzer108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I want to lose 30 pounds by May so I understand the motivation that is needed. Feel free to add me :)
  • TGMotorcycle
    TGMotorcycle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @jseltzer108, I would add you but unsure how to do so
  • madhouse88
    madhouse88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal is also about 60 pounds, but I can't even imagine that, so I am starting with a smaller goal of 25 pounds by June 1st. If I lost 60 pounds, I'd weigh slightly less than 140, which is probably a great weight for my height of 5'8". I really just want to fit into a size 6 or 8 jeans and have the confidence to wear tank tops in the summer. Cuz honestly, it's hot AF in Minnesota in the summer, believe it or not. I got a personal trainer 2 days a week, and am doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 3-4 days a week. I am not sure how it compares to 30 Day Shred, but at this point, any exercise is good. I am also watching my carb intake and drinking 72 ounces of H20 a day (trying to, at least). It's super hard for me to stick to 1200-1300 calories. I usually consume about 1500 and feel satisfied at that. I'd like to join a cheap gym to use their treadmills and other machines. I lost 15 pounds using MFP and my fitbit last year in just 2.5 months- and I cheated often... but I worked out often, and I didn't have to sacrifice as much as I thought. I put it all back on again once I quit exercising and quit logging my food. MFP works if you work it.