Breastfeeding and weightloss

Options
I'm 3 months PPD and trying to lose my remaining baby weight. I'm a little concerned if I cut too many calories I'll lose my milk supply. Any other breastfeeding moms have any tips?

Replies

• jd_racer
    jd_racer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My wife took Mother's milk tea. Just in case you do notice a supply change.
  • squatmami
    squatmami Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi , I have a 5 week old and am expressing and trying to loose weight at the same time , im not cutting calories just trying to eat clean as much as possible (i fail at some point during most days) lol

Anyway weightloss is happening and milk flow seems to be stable

My next plan is to add in some excercise 1x my post section check at 6 weeks is out the way

My advice is sod the calories and concerntrate on healthy clean eating

Im not gonna lie at 4am when ive been up feeding for over an hour is normally my cracking point #buscuits but being awake feeding must burn calories right ?
  • Ciara_626
    Ciara_626 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding as well and. Don't add in the extra calories, but I do take greens through it works which has boosted my supply, 5 months going strong ebf!
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 months PP still breastfeeding. My daughter is on solids now but before she was, I added an extra 500 calories to my daily calorie intake. Breastfeeding is said to burn up to 500 calories a day! I was eating about 2000-2200 a day. Don't go below 1800. You'll have to play around with calories for a bit to see what number works for you. Right now I'm at 1900. Goodluck and be patient. Not all moms drop weight so easily while breastfeeding!