Going to do it this time, 75+ lbs to lose

Options
I've been down this road many times. I've succeeded a few times only to fall back and put all the weight back on. I am now at my heaviest weight and I am ready to get back into control and be healthy. I have 2 boys who are counting on me and need their mom. I would love to lose around 75lbs (more would be even better). If I could lose 75lbs I would be right around the weight I was in high school, which would be amazing. I'm looking for some support, I need people to help push me and keep me on track. We've got this!!

Replies

• hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like me!! Adding you now
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm here trying to lose 75 pounds as well. I've been at this for about 6 weeks now and I've lost 13 pounds, so 62 more to go!

You can do this! I'll add you too so we can support each other :)
  • MaureenCasali13
    MaureenCasali13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You've got this. Don't know how to add you, but would if I could? I've got 60 pounds to lose and this about my 20th attempt? Never quit though right? Add me if you would like.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Set realistic weight loss goals and stick to them, tweak when/if necessary. Also read this, it is somewhat blunt but very true. acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Also keep in mind weight fluctuates day to day and loss isn't linear. You may lose a few pounds one week, nothing for a week or two than lose more, or vice versa.

Stay committed, keep doing the right thing, be patient and it'll come off. You didn't gain it overnight, it won't go away overnight!

Don't waste your money on cleanses, detoxes and so-called "miracle" weight loss aids like raspberry ketones, acai berry, garcinia cambogia or any other such garbage.
  • Myzteek
    Myzteek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds just like me! we've got it this time!
  • diannemcal
    diannemcal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to figure out how to add people or send a friend request. But I would love to ask both of you to befriend me. I am probably much older than you. I turned 60 this past year and my life literally fell apart. I ended up in the hospital for months ... 3 months on IV antibiotics and ended up with an open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. I started this a little over a month ago and I've lost 7 pounds. I have lost a total of 23 since this all began but I have at least another 60 to go. Would love encouragement from others who are in this for the long haul.

Also ... could you please tell me how to request a friend or how to add someone to my friends list? Thanks.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    diannemcal wrote: »
    I can't seem to figure out how to add people or send a friend request. But I would love to ask both of you to befriend me. I am probably much older than you. I turned 60 this past year and my life literally fell apart. I ended up in the hospital for months ... 3 months on IV antibiotics and ended up with an open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. I started this a little over a month ago and I've lost 7 pounds. I have lost a total of 23 since this all began but I have at least another 60 to go. Would love encouragement from others who are in this for the long haul.

Also ... could you please tell me how to request a friend or how to add someone to my friends list? Thanks.

look here ...
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/306079-how-do-i-invite-a-friend-to-join-myfitnesspal-

or here ...
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/12032-how-do-i-invite-a-current-member-to-be-my-friend-on-myfitnesspal-
  • TXCruiseGal
    TXCruiseGal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have been toying with different dieting ideas... isagenix, low carb, high protein, fasting, etc. I've finally decided I'm just going to count my calories and drink my water! I have close to 75 to lose as well. But I will be happy with just 50! Sign me up to join your support group! I'm there!
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    diannemcal - To add someone, when you see their picture on left under their name if you move your cursor on it it becomes a hand. Select it. Then it will open another page. Select their name again and you should get even another page and it will have "send message" or "add as friend" . Feel free to add me too :-)
  • FaithFoodFitness
    FaithFoodFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've been up and down. I've "started over" so many times. I reached my heaviest last month and after seeing 299 on the scale, I've been determined not to go any higher! So far I've lost 12. I would like to lose at least 88 more to get to 199! Haven't been there since I was a teenager.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request, I am in the same boat! Go for little goals at first until you get the hang of it!!!