How to get out of a 'funk'?

Options
2»

Replies

• jd_racer
    jd_racer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Music and a good run works for me. Like always, just getting started is the hard part. Getting out of a funk usually happens faster when you just force a change of situation
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It depends. If it happens without a reason, it may be a depression or something else that should be treated and can't be helped by any kind of distraction. Otherwise what helps me is to go offline and do something good for myself, watch a movie, read a book, go for a walk, make myself a gift, etc.
  • Muzak1
    Muzak1 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    jd_racer wrote: »
    Music and a good run works for me. Like always, just getting started is the hard part. Getting out of a funk usually happens faster when you just force a change of situation

Yeah - I just sometimes think I'm pushing it the wrong way.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, from time to time I get in a funk. No particular reason, at least not consciously, and I never know how long it'll last until it's over. Point is, does this ever happen to you? And if it does, is there anything you've done to get out of it quicker?

In the middle of one, for reasons that I can't figure out. If you figure out a solution - please let me know :smiley:

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Funk makes me think of funky which is perhaps the least appropriately upbeat term to describe what 'funk' is referring to.