Feel like giving up!

Options
I've lost 2 stone and I'm now stuck at 13st13lbs, like the weight loss has completely stopped even though I haven't changed anything or started eating worse, its disheartening :( I need advice or success stories

Replies

• slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well done on losing 2 stone that is a major achievement. Trying weighting everything....it is easy to not weigh everything and then wonder why am I not losing. I need to do the same.I keep thinking I am eating well but forgot about the teaspoon of nutella I ate with the peanut butter and banana. If I had weighed that right it would definitely be more that the 150 cals I logged. Don't give up..this is a lifestyle change and one where we just need to balance our eating. Don't go back..you know what that feels like..right? Sit down...refocus...keep moving forward xx
  • SpartanSoldier801
    SpartanSoldier801 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are normal don't give up! Our bodies are stubborn
  • Abbeyj1993
    Abbeyj1993 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile: Its half term this week so lots of days out doing fun things so I'm hoping all the exercise and running around will help
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie intake since you started? If you are not already at your minimum, you might try dropping your calories a bit to account for your weight loss. A 28 pound loss will probably decrease your TDEE by something like 150+ calories.
  • Abbeyj1993
    Abbeyj1993 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I thought the app did that automatically, I'm currently on 1640 calories a day but I never use them all.
  • hittrain
    hittrain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Job losing 28 pounds!!!! Focus on the positives that your lifestyle changes have netted you already! Now keep in mind that if you continue eating right and exercising, you'll do nothing but continue to improve and be the best version of you for years, decades and more!!! Congrats and stay encouraged.

Jon
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with hittrain… this is a journey and a complete lifestyle change. Congrats on all of the positives along the way!