New as of today

Options
Hi, I am Adrienne from Hempstead, Texas. i am 58 years old. I have had a major career change over the last year and moved from Atlanta to Hempstead to take care of my 84 year old father and work from home. I have gained 40 pounds over the last year and am now on 3 blood pressure meds - just from sitting at my desk all day.

This week I decided to take my life back and just reading this blog has helped tremendously. Thanks BARBIE and rest of group. You all have already given me AWESOME support in your posts.

I have already lost 4.3# and thanks to you all I have started on my journey toward a healthier me!!!

Replies

• so583
    so583 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :)
  • aholland724
    aholland724 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks MarziDeThrall !!
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can do it, and you're GONNA do it! One day in the not so distant future you'll be saying you DID do it! Win it!
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I was raised in East Texas.. Feel free to add me I love to help motivate people
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I understand the elder care responsibilities. Your dad is lucky to have you. I gained 25 taking care of my parents. Have 10 to go. When they have the energy they "thank" me with their southern dishes!! Can't say no, so I TRY to portion control. I'm gonna lose these 10, but it's soooooo slow and hard! You can do it!
  • cpal86
    cpal86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • aholland724
    aholland724 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks cpal86!! Have a blessed day!!