Summer is here.. I'm NOT ready!

Options
So summer is almost here... ummm.. I'm NOT ready!! I think a lot of people are feeling that way this year! I leave for vacation in less than one month though.. Does any one have any good tips that will help me kick butt in the next few weeks?!?!?! I don't need to lose a ton of weight but the 5-10 pounds just needs to go! I am watching what I eat and I am exercising, but it isn't enough! I really need some support and help... I'm hoping that you guys will have some great ideas and lots of support. Please help!
xoxox
Bethany (:

Replies

• purple421
    purple421 Posts: 3
    Options
    Go vegan!
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    I'm not ready for this summer either, but I have been to the beach twice and flaunted what I had anyway. :) Just keep doing what you are doing if you are losing. The weight will come off! Just know that even though you may not be where you want to be, you are on your way there! And by next summer you can be exactly where you want to be! Just have fun girl!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I say, bump up your protein to atleast 35-40% and then weight lift like crazy. You will drop inches FAST.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Use it as motivation, thats what i'm doing! Mini vaca with my bf in a month and i'm not where i want to be so i'm gonna work out in my bikini since i work out in the apartment
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegan? I think it would be so hard to cut everything out of my diet! I would be willing to try it, but I would need a vegan to help support me!!

xoxox
    Bethany
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Bump up your water and fiber intake and kick out excessive sodium and refined sugar as well as refined fructose. Add in a strength training regime as well and that should get you close if not there.
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Insanity workout and I am almost done with my first month. It's intense, hardcore, and VERY effective. I average 700-850 calories in each exercise. OH and they are only 40 mins long the first month (that's some intense calorie burning). I remember seeing results after 2 weeks and the results just keep getting better and better. I try to eat every 2-3 hours and I try to make what I eat healthy (keyword "try") we are already friends on MFP so you can take a look at what I eat. I am going to FL in August with the BF so I wanna look my own absolute best. You should definitely give it a shot!
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Like TranceGirl, I also do Insanity! I love it! It pushes me like none other! If you want to know more about it let me know! I love it!
  • mercedes25
    mercedes25 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I waited until is last minute too! I leave for the beach this Saturday!! Blaahhhh!!! I am no where near ready!
  • purple421
    purple421 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yep I am a vegan, its not as hard as it seems! mind you I was a vegetarian my entire life then switched to fully vegan recently, so it was less of a transition!. But i had awesome success, 25 pounds 15 inches in 6 weeks. A bit excessive but I'm healthy and feeling awesome. Also, my energy level improved immediately, my skin improved, and I lost all my cravings for junk food too! its not for everyone but worth a try, even if its temporary. Just make sure you do it the healthy way! :) if your interested or have any questions feel free to message me!
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    okay! it is something i think i might try. i cant believe you lost 25 pounds in the 6 weeks!!