Women related questions..

Options
2»

Replies

• cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Some months I am tired the week before, some months I'm not. Some months I have a migraine for two days before, some months I don't. This month, I still restricted my calories, but I didn't worry about it too much when I went over my goal. If your workout is suffering (and so are you), there is no shame in scaling back until you feel better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    jmgj27 wrote: »
    I don't get particularly tired but I do find that I have about a week a month when I'm totally ravenous and could eat a horse! For that week I just try and up my exercise so I can eat 100/200 calories more whilst remaining at a decent defecit. Perhaps you could do the opposite and simply eat a bit less for those few days so that if you exercise less it doesn't matter too much. Good luck!

Same here - I don't get tired premenstrually, but I do get hungrier, so eat at maintenance for a few days.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Sometimes if I'm very out of it, I will just ride a stationary or do the erg at a slower speed because running on a treadmill is too disorienting for me.

For food, up the sodium. drinks plenty of water. I crave red meat a lot too. A piece of dark chocolate is heaven.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hormones are annoying. ><

Missing a couple of workouts due to Tom isn't a big deal. Just watch your calories for that day. There's not really any benefit to pushing yourself to work out when you're tired and run down. I know my recourse every month is curling up with a heating pad, which isn't exactly portable! XD
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I get up and workout because it keeps it worked out! If I can go all out, I do, if not, I don't, sometimes just trying the effort is enough.

However in my journey and 6 months into this, exercising and being fit made all of that 1000% better now. So really there is no ill effects any more for me.
  • sarahlouiiise
    sarahlouiiise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with your cycle since dieting, I have lost around 13lbs in 43 days and have not had a period! Done various tests all negative..
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It's always hard for me the week leading up to that time of the month. I get very snacky! Almost like nothing can satiate me. I just try and chug my water and keep up my exercise regimen.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with your cycle since dieting, I have lost around 13lbs in 43 days and have not had a period! Done various tests all negative..

Yes, when I was overweight, my periods were very crampy and heavy. The more weight I lose and the more I work out, the lighter they get. You may be simply adjusting to the new lifestyle change.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options

How much more weight do you want to lose? If less than 50 pounds, you may be creating too aggressive a calorie deficit in order to lose 2 pounds per week.
  • sarahlouiiise
    sarahlouiiise Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about another stone, my weight loss has slowed cosiderably. I am eating around 800cals a day.

800 cal a day is probably why you haven't had a period! That is not healthy.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    At 800 cal/day it is highly unlikely your body is getting the needed nutrition to function normally.
  • ashleyminc
    ashleyminc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was about to make a post regarding this! I too am ravenous with hunger the week before! I feel I gain around 5 lbs and any progress I make the rest of the week goes down the drain. :| I also feel fatigued and drained about 1-3 days prior and pushing myself to do a workout is a huge chore. I try to eat a few extra calories but in healthy foods and only give in slightly to cravings. Once aunt flow is in town all these "issues " pass immediately. :D
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Yes, when I was overweight, my periods were very crampy and heavy. The more weight I lose and the more I work out, the lighter they get. You may be simply adjusting to the new lifestyle change.

@sarahlouiiise @k_nelson_24

Your diets may be overly restrictive, and your doctor may not be aware of that.

Make sure you're eating 50-75% of your exercise calories back, and you haven't set your weekly weight loss goal to be too aggressive.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Best wishes.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    the only thing i notice is my hunger level rise and its not an appetite i want to mess with either - biscuits are my thing. i know when it hits its ridiculous..
    i wouldnt exercise if i felt tired. it will ease..just wait then start up again.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What do you all gain around the time of the month?
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    If you're tired/crampy then take a day or two off. I get debilitating cramps for the first few days and choose not to exercise at that time.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    B Vitamins may help with the fatigue, I take them every other day normally but take them every day during the week of my period.