47 menopausal miserable fat... Help

Options
2»

Replies

• jojobloss
    jojobloss Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone this certainly gives me hope and renewed positive thinking ... Xxxx
  • bdfarrall
    bdfarrall Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to find this group and would really like to friend all of you. I have been on post with whining 20 somethings and it was driving me crazy. I am 49 and 234. I'm more like Fiestychick68. One week I am having major hot flashes and then all of a sudden I'm having a period. Come on!! One or the other is tough enough!! I started on this site several times but gave up. I've been back a couple of weeks. I stopped weighing myself every weeks because our bodies change so much. I would get too discouraged if everyone on the site was losing 1 or more pounds a week but I couldn't. I have to admit I am a couch potato. I love watching TV. It's awful! Even when I tried exercising (mostly stationery bike) I didn't lose a pound a week. I'm not taking hormones because I take blood thinners for a clotting disorder. It's frustrating but you all have given me hope!!! Thanks for posting.
  • jodi3357
    jodi3357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    New 48 here. Lol. Been on MFP 130 days now. Had to do something. For me, it was sugar and white carbs that were my problem. Cut those out, stay at 1200 calories and I am down 2 sizes. I am only 5'0 , so extra weight shows quickly. Good luck to everyone! !
  • jojobloss
    Options
    bdfarrall wrote: »
    I am so happy to find this group and would really like to friend all of you. I have been on post with whining 20 somethings and it was driving me crazy. I am 49 and 234. I'm more like Fiestychick68. One week I am having major hot flashes and then all of a sudden I'm having a period. Come on!! One or the other is tough enough!! I started on this site several times but gave up. I've been back a couple of weeks. I stopped weighing myself every weeks because our bodies change so much. I would get too discouraged if everyone on the site was losing 1 or more pounds a week but I couldn't. I have to admit I am a couch potato. I love watching TV. It's awful! Even when I tried exercising (mostly stationery bike) I didn't lose a pound a week. I'm not taking hormones because I take blood thinners for a clotting disorder. It's frustrating but you all have given me hope!!! Thanks for posting.

...., this could be me!!! Hate hate excercise really have to drag myself to do anything hubby bought me a treadmill so I've been doing that no idea if it's worked as I've hidden (well daughter has ) scales for two weeks .. I am being religious with weighing and logging eating what I want but counting it and hopefully will see some results .. Had thought I was stuck being fat and miserable but all these stories say otherwise .. I have three pairs of jeans of differing sizes that aren't goals .so fingers crossed and together maybe we can do it .. Big menopausal hugs to you all
  • DawnW3218
    DawnW3218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jojobloss wrote: »

...., this could be me!!! Hate hate excercise really have to drag myself to do anything hubby bought me a treadmill so I've been doing that no idea if it's worked as I've hidden (well daughter has ) scales for two weeks .. I am being religious with weighing and logging eating what I want but counting it and hopefully will see some results .. Had thought I was stuck being fat and miserable but all these stories say otherwise .. I have three pairs of jeans of differing sizes that aren't goals .so fingers crossed and together maybe we can do it .. Big menopausal hugs to you all

Hurrayyyyy - finally found people on the same planet as me!! I'm 53 years old and after various tests for suspected ovarian cancer (which were clear) I was told I'm not anywhere near menopause yet and will probably go through the 'change' around age 60 - BUT over the last 18 months I've had the weight gain, hot flashes in the day, waking up three or four times at night plus I have a light period every month ARRGGG!!.

I have gained 28 pounds of unwanted fat (mostly sitting around my middle) and I am desperate to get it off - trouble is I also hate exercise and I have a very busy social life so find it difficult to cut out the alcohol :blush:

PS: One thing I have found which helps with the night sweats is progesterone cream - that has worked wonders for me - I've been using this twice a day for about a month and I haven't had one night sweat!

• Teamdhb120
    Teamdhb120 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and approaching menopause. Feel free to add me. My diary is open and I've been maintaining 150 for the last year and a half. My new goal is to tighten up with weight training.
  • jojobloss
    Options
    DawnW3218 wrote: »
    jojobloss wrote: »

Hurrayyyyy - finally found people on the same planet as me!! I'm 53 years old and after various tests for suspected ovarian cancer (which were clear) I was told I'm not anywhere near menopause yet and will probably go through the 'change' around age 60 - BUT over the last 18 months I've had the weight gain, hot flashes in the day, waking up three or four times at night plus I have a light period every month ARRGGG!!.

I have gained 28 pounds of unwanted fat (mostly sitting around my middle) and I am desperate to get it off - trouble is I also hate exercise and I have a very busy social life so find it difficult to cut out the alcohol :blush:

PS: One thing I have found which helps with the night sweats is progesterone cream - that has worked wonders for me - I've been using this twice a day for about a month and I haven't had one night sweat!

[/quote

Yay hello and welcome to the club .. This has been so positive for me and after a reality check that the biscuits that I've Been eating and DO count and hearing everyone's stories I feel that I can beat this ... There's no reason why we can't...I used to dread going out and having to aztually eat thinking it would just pile on the lbs but I think now that I'll eat what I want and just count the calories and enjoy it ... Feel free to add me and bounce off me anytime you need a chat (bouncing off me in my current state is easy ha ha .. ) ... Best thing in the world is knowing I'm not alone :) X X X