Hello 51

Options
I'm new to this myfitpal and looking for some tips on staying on track with myfitpal. Would like to lose about 25 lbs.

Replies

• Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey there, chica! I'm working on my last 35 lbs, so good luck to you! What has worked for me? I log my weight weekly, but I do get on the scale everyday to see what foods and drinks from the night/day before have affected the water weight and bloating, etc. Also, log your meals - everything - every day. It helps to see what you're eating and how much of it.
    :)
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request.

MFP really works if you stick to it. Learn how to log your food, share experiences with MFP friends to keep yourself motivated, ask for support or advice. There is a great community here.

I can't tell you how many times in the past two weeks I would have snacked or skipped a workout if it hadn't been for MFP :)
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    did you set up a profile yet? input your stats (age, goal weight...) to determine your daily calorie intake for weight loss. then log your meal plan each day in your diary, keeping it under those calories. figure out what real portions look like, if you don't already know. some people use a scale. some folks approximate based on solid info. for example, a 5.2 oz potato is about the size of a computer mouse. both weighing and approximation, based on research, will lead to weight loss. input exercise minutes each day, which will lead to increase in calorie allowance. eat back your exercise calories or don't. both will lead to weight loss. move more, eat less. this will lead to weight loss. log food plan in diary everyday. stick to plan. this will lead to weight loss :):) send friend requests to folks who seem to be on track, and seem cool. their support will help with weight loss <3 best of luck :)