Can someone help me figure this out ?

Options
MFP has me eating 1200 calories a day. I feel its too low. Im always hungry. Ive went to over 8 different websites to determine what I should be eating and it all fluctuates. Here are my numbers. I want to lose about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week.

38 Years Old
CW 207
GW 140
5 Feet 1 Inch (155cm)
Sedentary Lifestyle (Desk Job)

Last week was week 1 for me.. I ate on average 1300 calories and lost 5.9 lbs. So I know that 1200 was low. Great start but I know its mostly water for the first week.

Can someone with experience plug the numbers for me ? I need a mentor to answer this. Someone who knows what they are doing.

What about macro nutrients ?
Currently i have them set at 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat.

Thanks so much !!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I used your info below and it looks like you could eat 1500-1560 calories per day and still lose. I'm no expert but you could try this and see if it works.

From here: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

q2sg5tc6avmo.jpg
  • mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not experienced enough to advise you but I look forward to hearing people's responses too. I also started on 1200, yes I lost weight but I was hungry, always tired and always really cold and couldn't warm myself up! Increased my calories to 1400 and feeling much better. Can't comment on weight loss yet as I've had 3 weekends away.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you those calories as a base, and allows you to eat back exercise calories.
    Try this calculator. It will give you a higher number, without eating back exercise calories.

http://www.weightloss-calculator.net/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing your goal to 1 pound per week. There is no need to be hungry all of the time while losing weight.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yeh.....1300 may work for you.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    1300-1500
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft and am on 1200 cals. I started with eating half my MFP exercise calories (avg 1300 cals). After 4 weeks, I was losing a wee bit too quickly so I upped it to eating all my exercise calories (avg 1400-1500 cals). It has been 2 weeks since I upped my cals and I am still losing quite quickly...I am considering upping it again but waiting for 1 more week of data.