From fit to fat to fit again

Options
Hello all!! my name is Nick. I'm prior military, (Marine Corp) and I'm attempting to take my life back. I got hurt in Iraq in 2007, and was medically discharged in 2010. I Put on a ton of weight do to lack of mobility and excersie. I've gone through 5 knee surgeries, 2 blood clots, and 2 Pulmonary Embolisms. I've recently been put on blood thinners, where I gotta now watch my leafy green intact. Hopefully the my health issues are in the past as I can start my new beginning. I've invested in the Microsoft Band 2 to help me reach my goals and to inform me of how much calories I'm burning. I've signed up at a gym and with a trainer to keep me accountable on going to the gym. I'm super new to all this, but wanted to get myself out there to see what this MFP community is like.

Replies

• curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nick and THANK YOU for your service!!!

I am glad to hear you are mentally ready to take charge over your health- you got this!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've literally been watching this show called Fit to Fat to Fit, its amazing. These personal trainers, gain like 60+ lbs for their clients then they lose it together.

But thank you for your service sir! and sounds like you've got things on the right track! Good luck!
  • toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Fell free to add me. I am happy to help.
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    First of all, Semper Fi, my friend, and thank you and God Bless you for your service and sacrifice!
    MFP is great! I'm on my last 35 lbs to go now and I've been getting into these forums and blogs like a crazy person! Keep up your good work!
    :)
  • sherrirod252015
    sherrirod252015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service! You can add me if you like.