what do you do when you are WAY over?

Options
2»

Replies

• ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! You can call this your "cheat day" and just try and stick to a decent diet the rest of the week. Also, drink as much water as you possibly can. We are all going to have days where we don't do very well. As far as your weight. I never weigh myself during the day. If I do I go crazy b/c I sometimes weigh 10 lbs heavier than I do in the morning. It depends on when you weighed yourself, especially if you just ate and drank a bunch of water.
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Everyone hit it on the head, tomorrow is a new day. Forget this bad one, just start fresh tomorrow. However, I wouldn't do anything rash, just your normal foods, liquids and exercise. This too will pass. I have added low calorie Gatoraid to the things I like to drink, water sometimes, makes me feel bloated, the electrolites in Gatoraid really help, especially when exercising. We all have bad days, one of the tricks is to learn to eat small portions on special occasions, then you can enjoy the foods without overdoing.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Forgive myself and start again tomorrow! I was over by almost 200 calories!

This. I managed to overshoot by about 980 or so. I was up about 3 lbs today, but it won't last.

I try to just log it, accept it, and move on with it.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    What do I do? I dont worry about it too much, and just start over again the following day.

You are going to have ups and downs. You are going to have days where you just eat too much, you are going to have days...maybe even weeks...where the scale doesnt move at all or worse yet moves the wrong direction...just roll with it. Losing weight just takes time, so dont sweat the small things too much. If you feel up to it and have the time, maybe exercise more...but I'm of the opinion, personally, that I'm already exercising as much as I can handle anyway so even a little binge doesnt really change my overall gameplan.
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I look at the overall week. The iPhone app has a nice weekly view that shows calories over/under per day averaged for the week. So if I stuck to plan all week but ate 1000 extra one day, my average overage per day over the week is 142 calories. That's about .25 of a pound I probably won't lose that week. I'm usually ok with that for a special occasion!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ha! I just said something similar, I cheated for fathers day but am back on track today, I didnt even weigh myself because I knew the numbers would be disappointing, will wait til maybe the end of the week to weigh in :D
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    In the past I would've probably thrown in the towel and sabotaged all the progress I had already made- which is basically what caused steady weight gain over a couple of years of yo-yo dieting.

For the past 6/7 weeks since I started on here I have probably had 2 or 3 days just like that and fingers crossed I have learned to draw a line under it and start again. Never ever way yourself the next day- it's completely counterproductive, I leave it a week sometimes more of getting back on track and then weigh.