Newbody class at GOODLIFE..how many calories burned

Options
Hi..thinking of doing the Newbody class tonight at gym 45minute class ( 3rd day at gym in a long time :) anyone know how many calories I will burn? Cannot find in database nor on Goodlife online.

Replies

• runsonrabbitfood
    runsonrabbitfood Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Had no idea what this was, but it appears to be a low-impact cardio class from a quick YouTube video? It's difficult to get specific numbers off things like this as it'll depend on how hard you're pushing yourself - how many reps, how fast, etc.

I'd suggest maybe logging it as something similar in the database (maybe "aerobics, general"?). You can search the exercise database by clicking "Exercise" then the "Database" sub tab.

Or, if you have a heart rate monitor, you can log specific calories burned off of that and create your own exercise for logging.
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Just kidding :) Your best bet is to get a Heart Rate Monitor like a polar FT4 or something similar. You can also find plenty of websites that will take an activity, your weight/age/etc, and give an estimate of how many calories you burned during said activity.

With that, be cautioned... none of this is an exact science, and your calories burned could be way over the actual amount burned, which leads most people to only log half of the estimated calories burned.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    GAUCHITA1 wrote: »
    Hi..thinking of doing the Newbody class tonight at gym 45minute class ( 3rd day at gym in a long time :) anyone know how many calories I will burn? Cannot find in database nor on Goodlife online.

You won't find many branded workouts in the MFP guesstimations. Just use a general category for your calorie burn estimate.

Aerobics, circuit training, strength training, yoga, dance, etc. Your calorie burn is going to depend on many factors, some of which MFP can't know. Take the estimate with a grain of salt. Most people eat back a percentage of exercise calories & adjust up or down as weight loss progresses.

Edited to add: a heart rate monitor is helpful for steady state cardio....but other types of workouts, not so much.
  • GAUCHITA1
    GAUCHITA1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks to all..i will log it in as "aerobics general "for now and invest in a heart monitor thingy :) will see how this class goes