COFFEE VS. TEA ?

Options
2»

Replies

• adamgheli
    adamgheli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ...Plus I have flat abs and love coffee....so i tend to believe demonizing specific foods (or drinks) is silly

You sir have convinced me. I was already on the fence...but I'll keep my coffee. Thanks for the motivation :wink:
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Interesting search results. Cortisol is a stress hormone - but I usually feel less stressed after a good dose cup. I wonder if that's a reaction that different people might experience differently.

Me too. I find coffee relaxing. I'm ADD though, so not a shock. My only health concern re:coffee is buying organic because conventional coffee has a lot of chemicals on it and fair trade for the same reason I try to get cage free or (better) free range eggs.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 2 cups of black coffee a day and my tummy is fine.
  • chrisnocturne
    chrisnocturne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A latte is my daily treat; I have a medium size-one with skim milk foamed on top. With one stevia packet added in, that amounts to about 130 calories, but it also quells my two greatest cravings, which are for chocolatey sweetness and cream; plus the caffeine can give me a great energy burst for a workout (or just for staying the hell awake for the workday, lol!). I also love tea with milk, Anglophile that I am, so I often have one decaf Earl Grey "for dessert" after dinner. Any other milk I consume (e.g., in protein smoothies) is cashew, for the sake of cutting some calories. May sound meager, but for me these small sweet treats are a big help in hanging on.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    tea_earl_grey_picard_small-400x300.jpg
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've almost completely made the switch from coffee to tea! I only have half a cup in the morning made with milk. I switched cause I started have heart palpitations irregularly and wasn't sure what was causing them. So, tea is a better alternative!
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with or without a zero calorie sweetener will not affect your weight at all. If anything, it may help to reduce water retention.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Me....obviously :p
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    No but for real, you should click my name, have a look at my food diary, and then go back to the street and slap whoever gave you that information.

65425401.png
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Tea is better to me, but not for weight loss reasons

Not drinking coffee for me =
    1. Better complexion (yay!!!)
    2. Amazing bowel movements (tmi I know)

Everyone is different though :)