Weight Watchers?

Options
Hello Everyone :)
I just started WW with my sister, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it & what you like most about it,
I still have the old plan (the turnaround system) but I am going to join in 2 weeks at my local WW centre & get all the updated stuff, so in the system, what's actually new about it, & what do you like?

Replies

• Rach716
    Rach716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is a fantastic program. I lost 30lbs on it a year ago & have maintained my weight since then. I don't go to the meetings anymore but I feel like it retaught me how to eat properly & that has stuck with me. The new program is great because most fruits & veggies are 0pts!!! Good luck!!!
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Good morning, I did weight watchers and lost 78 pounds during a 7 month time frame. The problem was that I was actually getting too much fiber and I developed IBS, at least that is what I diagnosed myself after ED visit and a cat scan that was essentially nonconclusive. What I'm doing now seems to be more life long....I mean I can eat a chocolate pudding (sugar free) and just mainly watch the calorie intake. If you stick with protein, vegetables and fruit most of the time it goes pretty well. On the weight watchers I was trying to eat as much fiber as possible, because the points are lower --worked for weight loss, didn't even exercise. This time around, I'm enjoying the exercise, getting used to it and seeing great results. I enjoy food and now think of it as protein, carb, sugar...not chicken, potatoe, orange. Hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Did another great day on it, feels good that I can have what I want, as long as it's not often (junk food I mean)
    ^^
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Today is now Friday, been on WW since Tuesday, feels good still & it gets easier everyday! I love everything about this program :D
    I already look a bit thinner, my stomach isn't sticking out as much :P

EDIT:
    For spelling mistakes
  • murphysraven
    Options
    I think weight watchers can be a great program. The only thing that drove me away is it was hard to calculate homemade food into points. I don't like relying prepackaged food for an accurate point count. Also I used it as an excuse to eat really low quality food and too many sweets just because I was within my "points".

I'd say if you can manage weight watchers while still eating whole and healthy foods go for it!
  • JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my mother in law & i are thinking of joining... ive heard some good & bad, but i think i might just try it