Shredding for the Wedding

Options
Hello there,

My name is Pamela.

Im 29 years old, 176 lbs. No kids. Work 40-65 hours a week. Not a big fan of veggies.

Engaged. Getting married Oct. 7 !!

Goal : 155 lbs ;)

Looking for helpful and supportive friends ;)

I'm in Austin TX; )

Replies

• mannins3
    mannins3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Pamela! You can do it
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Feel free to add me I am always looking to help and to get motivation and support. I have about 40 pounds to lose and I am more determined than I have ever been. Good luck!
  • loxfield50
    loxfield50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive got 28lbs to lose by June for a wedding too! Good luck!
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    3lb a month? Yes that's very achievable and with little changes like - finding ways to walk more, use the stairs instead of the elevator. Also try fitting inn a walk every day, and if you can manage it a step routine. I lost 62 lb for my wedding last year. It was over a year but I was looking at a 1 - 2lb a week loss with more weight to lose. I'm sure you will do well and all the very best to you on your big day!
  • ScottMcMartin
    ScottMcMartin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Pamela. I have lost 80 pounds in 13 months. by changing my diet and lots and lots of exercise. Work long hours too, but since march last year been going to gym before work and 3 to 4 nights after work. Mixture of HIIT/Circuits and Weight Training. Glad to help any way I can.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on 15th Oct with the same start weight as you, but my goal weight is lower (130). Although I'm not really losing weight "for the wedding" but for life, it just so happens I'm getting married, so I don't really care how long it takes me to get to goal. LOL
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Pamela (and Collie), if you're interested, I manage a group for brides to be (and some of our recent brides). It's a nice supportive group and we're always looking for new members. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107053-bride-to-be-support-group
    Feel free to take a look and/or message me if you'd like more info.

(I'm getting married end of July, struggled over the holidays so not going to be quite where I would have liked, but hoping to lose another 20 before the wedding.)
  • Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. I'm 27 and a new mom, I'm getting married in December and want to lose 30 pounds. I have faith in you that you can do it. Feel free to add me if you want and we can help each other.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm getting married in July and have a little over 10lbs I would like to lose by then.
  • getty123
    getty123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) getting married oct 2017 !
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in August... feel free to add me if you like :)