New Rules of Lifting 4 Women - 01/01/16 start

Options
I've just done my first workout. Anyone else starting and want to be friends?

I'm doing it at home, cos the reason I failed a year ago was I just ran out of time to get to the gym regularly enough:/ Home can be a lot more flexible, although I'm mising some bits of equipment.....

I'm intending to workout Mon, Weds and Fridays:)

Starting stats:
Female
43 years
5'6 and 12st,12lb or 81kg
size uk 16 (ish)

Replies

• TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't know what that is, but I'm new to lifting and would be happy to have more friends that I can chat with about it. I really like it, but I feel like an idiot 90% of the time at the gym.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    There is a Nrol4w group on here.....do come and join us....We're a friendly bunch!!
  • KezJT
    KezJT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    There is a Nrol4w group on here.....do come and join us....We're a friendly bunch!!

I had a look, but the only two I found had most recent posts from 2012 and 2013:/ Do you have a link?
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be buying a dumbbell next week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I've read Part 1 of the book; maybe I will curl up with Part 3: Resistance is Vital this afternoon.
  • 7yearbitch
    7yearbitch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started this program this week.

I started lifting a year ago with a strength and conditioning coach. My goal was to learn how to lift properly. Aesthetics weren't a part of it at all, though, I won't lie, they're a positive side benefit. :) At any rate, for the last year I've focused more on form and technique than anything else, but that's what I wanted.

Now that I feel like I understand what I'm doing, I've decided to go it on my own. I got both NROL4W and Strong Curves for Christmas (I brought my husband to the bookstore, picked both books up and said, "I really want these"), and after talking to my old coach, we both agreed that starting with NROL4W was the best choice, and then afterwards do Strong Curves. (He's great. Even though I'm not seeing him anymore, my coach still encourages me to ask him questions.)

I'm overweight, but in the last year I've had a considerable body recomposition happen. I've lost 4" off my waist, and my arms have gotten beefier and my shoulders are wider. I'm almost 15 pounds heavier than when I started.

Stats:

Female
    5'3"
    170lbs

DL 1RM - 175lbs (A goal of mine is to hit 200 in the next couple of months. I LOVE DEADLIFTS!)
    BP 1RM - 75lbs
    OHP 1RM - 115lbs
    Squat 1RM - Untested, but can do 115x6

So yeah, totally looking for friends who're doing the same sort of thing.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great. I'm finishing the book and plan to start within the next couple of weeks. I just want to make sure I know what I'm supposed to do first. :-) I just got my protein powder in the mail.

Stats:
    Female
    5'3
    178 lbs.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    7yearbitch wrote: »
    I started this program this week.

I started lifting a year ago with a strength and conditioning coach. My goal was to learn how to lift properly. Aesthetics weren't a part of it at all, though, I won't lie, they're a positive side benefit. :) At any rate, for the last year I've focused more on form and technique than anything else, but that's what I wanted.

Now that I feel like I understand what I'm doing, I've decided to go it on my own. I got both NROL4W and Strong Curves for Christmas (I brought my husband to the bookstore, picked both books up and said, "I really want these"), and after talking to my old coach, we both agreed that starting with NROL4W was the best choice, and then afterwards do Strong Curves. (He's great. Even though I'm not seeing him anymore, my coach still encourages me to ask him questions.)

I'm overweight, but in the last year I've had a considerable body recomposition happen. I've lost 4" off my waist, and my arms have gotten beefier and my shoulders are wider. I'm almost 15 pounds heavier than when I started.

Stats:

Female
    5'3"
    170lbs

DL 1RM - 175lbs (A goal of mine is to hit 200 in the next couple of months. I LOVE DEADLIFTS!)
    BP 1RM - 75lbs
    OHP 1RM - 115lbs
    Squat 1RM - Untested, but can do 115x6

So yeah, totally looking for friends who're doing the same sort of thing.

Your coach sounds great...may I ask how much that cost? I may look into that - seems like a good idea!
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did NROL4W when I was 42 and loved it. I did it at the gym. I'm thinking of either doing it again or trying one of the STRONG workouts (also by Schuler and Cosgrove) but would like to workout at home because like you I find that going to the gym takes a whole lot of time that I do not have. I am weighing either sucking it up and getting a gym membership or getting an OL and lat pulldown machine at home.