Back at it again after baby !!!!

Options
Hello everyone. I lost 25 pounds on mfp almost two years ago. I met a great guy and of course we did what new couples do we ate out all the time and of course the weight started packing back on. Fast forward two years later we ended up getting married and I just recently gave birth to my second daughter on February 4th 2016. I have a five year old daughter also. I gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy and have lost 18 of those so far now I'm trying to lose the weight I gained before the baby. Most of my supportive friends have not logged in for months so I'm looking for more friends, please add me!!! Height 5'0, CW 158, GW 135

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby!

I'd recommend waiting until your 6 week pp check before cutting calories. Remember that your body just went through some major trauma and needs time to heal, which requires sufficient energy (calories) to do so. If you're BFing you want to make sure your supply is well established as well. After your pp check though, I'd start shaving maybe 100 calories a week and go with a small deficit (about 250 a day-ish).
  • lagina19871
    lagina19871 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I'd recommend waiting until your 6 week pp check before cutting calories. Remember that your body just went through some major trauma and needs time to heal, which requires sufficient energy (calories) to do so. If you're BFing you want to make sure your supply is well established as well. After your pp check though, I'd start shaving maybe 100 calories a week and go with a small deficit (about 250 a day-ish).
    Thank you, I'm not breastfeeding I tried in the hospital and it was a disaster and now my milk has dried up. I know my weight won't disappear overnight I haven't been excersing at all I will waiting on my check up for sure before I start that.
  • lagina19871
    Options
    The pic of me in the pink sweatshirt is me when I started my journey I was about 165, the pic of me in the black dress is my where I would like to be I was around 135- 140 in that pic. I also posted pics of me at my baby shower in January 2016
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Thank you, I'm not breastfeeding I tried in the hospital and it was a disaster and now my milk has dried up. I know my weight won't disappear overnight I haven't been excersing at all I will waiting on my check up for sure before I start that.

Ok. But still wait until your checkup before cutting calories as your body still needs the calories and nutrition to heal completely from the birth. I know it's super difficult to wait, but you have to be patient. I had my baby last January and it drove me nuts having to wait, but I definitely needed it.
  • lagina19871
    Options
    Yea I know I need to wait my entire family has been telling me to slow down and take it easy, but your right it is hard I'm willing to try though