Calories....

Options
Anybody else have to force themselves to eat all thier calories?! With all these exercise calories I gain I feel like I have to force myself to eat more.... "/

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'll dip into my exercise calories sometimes, vary rarely eating them all back. I typically burn a lot of calories during my workouts though.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i never ever eat my exercise calories, carbs, protein, fat, sugar, sodium, nothing.
    i always have 1200 calories with or without exercise. not 1200 net calories. just 1200 calories? does that make sense? haha! :):smile:
    before when i was eating my exercise calories i wasn't losing two pounds a week like i am now. :)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'll dip into my exercise calories sometimes, vary rarely eating them all back. I typically burn a lot of calories during my workouts though.

I keep bein told that Im suppose to eat most my exercise calories. Its a lot becaues I work out a lot myself... So i feel like im forcing myself to keep up with them. Lol.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    i never ever eat my exercise calories, carbs, protein, fat, sugar, sodium, nothing.
    i always have 1200 calories with or without exercise. not 1200 net calories. just 1200 calories? does that make sense? haha! :):smile:
    before when i was eating my exercise calories i wasn't losing two pounds a week like i am now. :)

Even eating my exercise calories im losing 2-4lbs a week... I guess i could lose more if i didnt. :o)
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories either. If I workout, I may let myself go a little over my usual daily goal, but I won't eat all my exercise calories.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as some others here. I do not eat back my exercise calories. I just don't feel good about doing it. I t makes me feel like my workout is a waste. The only time I dip in is if I am really hungry.

Hope this helps a little.
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise cals if I am hungry, but if i am not hungry I don't.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I eat all my exercise calories and I have really really lost a big fat percentage off my body.

I estimate what I am going to burn at night during my work out, and then I add 100-150 calories to each of my meals. It lets me eat a little more, or it gives me a cushion, so I don't have to count calories so meticulously.

I never wait to eat my exercise calories back until after I exercise, or else i would have to eat tons of calories back.

If you are doing tons of cardio to a point that you are burning more than 500 calories then I would suggest doing less cardio and more weight lifting. You will see better results, and you wont have to fight so much to eat all your exercise calories back.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    How close do you get to the goal before you feel like you are forcing it? It is important to try and reach your calorie goal, but it is also important to feel comfortable, and not like you are stuffed full all day long.

Perhaps you can try adding in more calorie dense foods during the day so that when you workout you won't have such a huge amount to eat back. Nuts/seeds are high calorie and very good for you. A nice bit of grilled chicken breast is full of protein and easy to eat.
  • Deran18
    Deran18 Posts: 8
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty good problem to have! I would say don't eat unless you feel hungry. Point blank period. After I work out, I'm usually starving... so I've been eating my excercise calories. But I think it would be great to be able to save those calories up for either a cheat day or an extra pound of weight loss. Sounds like you are just doing a really GREAT job of knocking out those calories!!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I keep bein told that Im suppose to eat most my exercise calories. Its a lot becaues I work out a lot myself... So i feel like im forcing myself to keep up with them. Lol.
    You have to do whatever works for you to lose weight. Everyone is different.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    If you are doing tons of cardio to a point that you are burning more than 500 calories then I would suggest doing less cardio and more weight lifting. You will see better results, and you wont have to fight so much to eat all your exercise calories back.

Really great suggestion!
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks to ALL of you,, all these responses are informative~
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You can try eating just half of your excerise calories back and or only eating your excerise calories every other day to keep your body guessing. That is what I typically do
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Thank you everybody. U are all so helpful. :o)