Slow moving from Back surgery

Options
Getting back down on weight after back surgery, trying to think low carb also, last week I started and had a great week, had a little slip this weekend but, back on track. I just turned 50 last year and I need to lose this weight for my health and just for myself to feel sexy again, it's been a while.

Replies

• marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am also recovering from back surgery (Sept) and was released to resume 'normal' activity at the first of the year. I'm trying to regain my range of motion and build my fitness level back up. I'm having a hard time knowing when I should push forward and when to back off. I'm very nervous about re-injury.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Start out walking cant hurt yourself and gradually increase your excercise. You can try excercise bikes that have the seats with a back on it thats what i do because i suffer from back pain
  • ericsgoal175
    ericsgoal175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just had fusion of L5-S1, two weeks ago. Looking for support. Currently up to walking 1/4 to 1/2 mile a day. Of course with a walker( my friends put decorations all over it lol). Any advice would be greatly appreciated and feel free to add me as a friend. This can be a scary time but I love a challenge.