Hello, trying to lose weight and break my food addiction.

Options
Hello, my name is Steve, I have a good addiction and with that I am about 150 pounds overweight. I've tried many diets but failed. My main reason is my food addiction. Anyone know how I can break it and maybe we can help each other.

Replies

• getty123
    getty123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • SearchingforFitness
    Options
    you should add me :)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

If you truly believe you have a dysfunctional food issue, I would suggest seeking some professional help (as in counseling or working with someone specialized in eating disorders). That can help you working through your food dependence issues.

Other than that, use this program as it is intended. Be honest with your activity level, and don't be too aggressive with your weekly goal. Don't restrict yourself too much - work on eating a mostly nutrient-rich diet but don't cut out any foods you like (or entire food groups!!) unless you find it is a trigger for binging; but if you can enjoy foods you like in moderation, that's great. Also don't cut calories too far. It's better to do it in a way that feels like "hey, this isn't too bad, I can live with this forever" (because, in order to maintain, you'll need to live with this new way of eating forever, more or less) than "OMG I'm so miserable, I can't wait until I can eat more again" - which tends to lead to binges. Try some light to moderate exercise, even walking, and eat back about 50% of those calories, since the program is intended to be used that way.

Best wishes for your success!