PiYo

Options
Anyone do PiYo? I'm trying to find out how many calories are burned with these workouts.

Replies

• lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do PiYo! I've been wearing my heart rate monitor though I know it's not 100% accurate it's a close estimation. Today it says I burned 201 doing buns! It told me 341 during drench last week. When I was doing just upper and lower it was significantly less since those are short and not much cardio involved.
  • kittnNcourgartown
    kittnNcourgartown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. At least it give me an idea!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been doing PiYO for 3 1/2 weeks so far and I'm loving it. Tomorrow has me a little worried because I will be doing Drenched for the first time. I would like to get a heart rate monitor because I've had no idea how to track the calories burned. Right now I just log as yoga and cut my time down a little only because I still have to take short breaks. I intentionally try to keep my calories burned from exercise low because I know how badly MFP over inflates calorie burns.
  • kittnNcourgartown
    kittnNcourgartown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the inflated calorie burn..thanks!
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hludwig980 wrote: »
    I've been doing PiYO for 3 1/2 weeks so far and I'm loving it. Tomorrow has me a little worried because I will be doing Drenched for the first time. I would like to get a heart rate monitor because I've had no idea how to track the calories burned. Right now I just log as yoga and cut my time down a little only because I still have to take short breaks. I intentionally try to keep my calories burned from exercise low because I know how badly MFP over inflates calorie burns.

Though it's hard, and you'll have to do breaks, drench is my favorite! Challenging but it feels SO good! :) check out the polar ft4. They're pretty inexpensive (I spent $50), give you basic info and are on the list for being fairly accurate!