Anyone Want a Motivated Friend?

Options
Hello,

I'm looking for some MFP buddies. Let me tell you a bit about me. My name is Cindy, I'm 44, married and the mom to four great kids. Been battling my weight for more years than I want to admit. I finally had that mental click and I've lost 60 pounds since January 11, 2011. I would like to lose 40 more. I log into MFP daily, post my food and exercise diary daily. I workout hardcore 5 to 6 days a week and walk 7 days a week. I love to give support and cheer my buddies on. Please send me a friend request if you'd like to partner up on this journey. Here are some pictures of me before and along the way.

189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg

154786_1371239135611_1670731388_747771_2373957_n.jpg

228311_1571507302190_1670731388_1044246_3241275_n.jpg

023.jpg

001.jpg

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    great work!
    yes, i could definitely use some more motivation here!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I could always use motivational friends and I will return the favor as well! God bless
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I could use one too! :) Need that kick in the pants once in awhile. :)
  • Samanthalovesher2boys
    Options
    I would love a motivated friend! I just joined 2 weeks ago!
  • cksmuss
    cksmuss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy!
    Congrats on your success so far! I have been on this journey since I am 12 years old! I am also 44 and my name is Cindy so I would love to have you as a motivational friend!
  • kremsergirl
    Options
    Wow Cindy, your transformation looks amazing. I can always use motivation and support.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the name of the game - I could always use more. Welcome and gratz on your to date success.
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    wow...very awesome! =) it would be nice to have you as another great friend on here. and congrats...keep up all your hard work. You look amazing.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    wow! you look fantastic! thats definitely inspiring (:

i am just starting to really buckle down although i have been battling my weight for quite some time now.

i'll definitely stay in touch..thanks!
  • howellco
    howellco Posts: 22
    Options
    Of course! Motivation is exactly what we all need! Congrats on your success so far, keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to motivating each other!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello, congratulations on your weight loss. I am always looking for motivated friends, friends that will push themselves and by doing that motivate me to do even more. Please feel free to add me.

P.S. also been doing this since Jan 2011.
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Wow! You are doing great! I could definitely benefit from a motivated friend...especially one who has been as successful as you. Please add me. :)
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lookin great!!! I would love to have more motivation!!!
    Jayme
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE more motivated friends.

How did some of you post mini goals?
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Cindy, you look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself. I'm Angela and I'm 46 and I've been on mfp for awhile now and love it. I log on everyday and workout 6-7 times a week. I'd be glad to be your friend and help you along the way:)
  • howellco
    howellco Posts: 22
    Options
    I posted my mini goals in my signature! It's a frequent reminder of small steps that result in success! I enjoy seeing them pop up when I post on message boards!

If you arne't sure where you signature is, message me and I can walk you through how to find it!
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey ur pics look great & u have done so well!!! I am 43 & also been on here since jan. I have met some really good & helpful people on here & have found the site very motivational!! Will send u a request :0)
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Your looking great. I'm gonna friend you right now!!
  • katie041085
    katie041085 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, well done x
    i would love motivational friends x
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Actually since my highest recorded weight I'm down 80 pounds, but didn't log that in when I started as I had slowly dropped that before getting serious. What more exciting is the internal changes to my body. I've got a total cholesterol of 123 now with a HDL of 59! My blood pressure is about 115/60 on the average with resting heart rate in the upper 50's. I'm also a type 1 diabetic and my last lab tests show my blood sugars in the non diabetic range. :-) I feel great too, so much more energy. The first 60 came off easily, now I'm working harder at the gym, zigzagging calories and doing all I can to keep that scale moving.