Happy????

Options
I have lost about 12 pounds since I started my journey on the first of february but i feel like I am not doing it the right way because I am hardly eating and sadly I went back to smoking and had a mental breakdown that is why I went back to smoking and the worst part of it is that I was about 55 plus days in smoke free when I started back up and I was taking chantix to help as well, so yeah and also I have been drinking a ton of water more then what I normally drink and I am not drinking any pop really, I mean I will have a pop when I can or I am drinking coffee.

I am basically saying that I am not eating everyday but I am eating and I know this is not the right way to do this and I don't know why I have been like this for about the last 2-3 weeks.

If you have any advice that would be helpful and I could really use some motivation right now.....

So to answer my question of the title of this blog?

No, I am not Happy.

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Seems like your having a go at it.

Weight loss and quitting smoking all at once would be hard. But not impossible.

I quit smoking November 2014..but not while trying to lose weight. I had tried chantix prior made it a couple months in and one day I totally lost my *kitten*. I just couldn't stop cryin I honestly felt like my whole world had crumbled for no reason at all, I pretty much felt like I needed to be locked away.... I strongly believe you should speak to your doctor about your emotional state while taking this medication..... it's pretty well an antidepressant with a different name for marketing. You may have acted badly to it.

As for thr weight loss and the quitting smoking at the same time. You can do it!!!

Was this your first try at quitting smoking?

If not had you tried any other quitting smoking methods in the past?

Gum, patch,vaping? These are all crutches that you'll eventually also need to give up but it's a start. You just gotta find your method.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It sucks you arent happy this isn't always fun or easy. Saying that you have this app and it gives you a goal. You need to use it. You only have like 3-4 logs since February 1st. 2 of them are ok but have questionable calorie burns. The 3rd you put in 4 hours of constant 3mph walking for 2000 cals then nothing for ages. You need to log consistant to be sure that you are hitting goals.

On top of that a lot of the food you enter is not the best it you want to feel full while lowering cals. Chips, donuts, cookies, pop, fried food are all able to be eaten while losing weight. They probably shouldn't be making up over 50% of your day.

Try replacing them with foods that make you feel fuller and can eat more of. For just the one pop you could eat almost 2 bananas AND a diet pop.

In the end you really just need to look at this and how bad you want it. I think you are having a bad time because you aren't consistently logging and probably over thinking this whole deal. You can do this. Look at what you are doing. Realize you will fail/flounder in the beginning but will get better, do better, and feel better.
  • Akronite2025
    Akronite2025 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »
    Seems like your having a go at it.

Weight loss and quitting smoking all at once would be hard. But not impossible.

I quit smoking November 2014..but not while trying to lose weight. I had tried chantix prior made it a couple months in and one day I totally lost my *kitten*. I just couldn't stop cryin I honestly felt like my whole world had crumbled for no reason at all, I pretty much felt like I needed to be locked away.... I strongly believe you should speak to your doctor about your emotional state while taking this medication..... it's pretty well an antidepressant with a different name for marketing. You may have acted badly to it.

As for thr weight loss and the quitting smoking at the same time. You can do it!!!

Was this your first try at quitting smoking?

If not had you tried any other quitting smoking methods in the past?

Gum, patch,vaping? These are all crutches that you'll eventually also need to give up but it's a start. You just gotta find your method.

No this was not the first time I have tried to quit smoking, I have tried cold turkey a few times in the past and the longest I ever made it was just under 1 month, and for this time I did not start the chantix until I was 40 days in smoke free and I am on the starter pack, I also have no clue why I am breaking down so bad I don't know if it is the stress I have been under with some things that have been going on in my life.

I will not do the gum because I would eat it like candy because I am a chain smoker, and I probably would also not understand the patches and I am not comfortable vaping, I would rather take pills its the most way I feel comfortable.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hm. Well id talk to your doctor about how your feelings and give the pills another go then if your currently smoking. If I remebered correctly they are started when you smoke for up to two weeks. In the begining youd smoke but the pills stop your brain from getting nicotine. So by the time you actually quit smoking pretty much youv already gone through nicotine withdrawal. Then you have the habit itself to break and for this I reccomend crunchy healthy things, carrots, apples, bell pepper strip, you could pretty much eat raw veggies till you couldn't chew anymore. And fill in the rest of your calories with healthy foods within your calorie goal.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight in July 2015 and then quit smoking in October 2015. I did it with the help of a e-cig, vape, whateveryouwannacallit. I started at 18mg nicotine and I'm down to 6mg now. I know they have a stigma (kinda douchey) but honestly I don't think I could have done it otherwise. It's definitely not a cigarette, but you get used to the difference. They taste better and I breathe so much better now. Like, I went jogging and I didn't feel like I was dying after. Way cheaper too.

Just my experience. I have family that tried the chantix and they couldn't tolerate it. Panic attacks and one even started having night terrors. My mom used wellbutrin to quit, so maybe ask about that? Quitting is one of the best things I've done so whatever you can find that works is worth it. Good luck!
  • ElizabethPalm01
    ElizabethPalm01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's the pills dude. I had my breakdown the on xmas eve due to those pills.. awkward.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i would not try to quit smoking andlose weight at the same time.

lose the cigs. then work on the weight.

i stopped smoking 3 years ago and in the past 14 months or so have lost 80 some pounds.

if you truly want to do it, you will.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and quitting smoking at the same time is rough. I started with losing weight in December, and I'm just now working in quitting smoking (again). I tried in December to quit and lose weight at the same time and it was extremely overwhelming and I ended up taking smoking back up pretty quickly. At that point, I had to make a decision about which major life change would come first. Since I'd already seen some success with losing weight and changing other habits to be more healthy, I chose that first. Now that I've been losing weight and have developed some healthy habits and routines over the past 2.5 months, it was easier for me to trying quitting smoking again. I don't feel as overwhelmed. Doesn't mean it's easy, but I'm having an easier go of it this time around than I did a few months ago. Just my two cents.

Perhaps you should speak with your doctor about the Chantix, maybe there is another medication alternative you could try.