I think I need a trainer

Options
Because I know I don't have the motivation to keep going when I get tired I will go home from the gym.! I need a nice looking strong minded trainer.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I suggest you visit the nearest gym
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I just invested in a trainer (my good friend's mom) for $35 x session and it is most definitely worth it. I was already very motivated, hitting the gym 2-hours every day, 7 x week and increasing weight regularly with a general understanding of nutrition goals and how to properly use equiptment. Even so - I was still able to gain an infinite amount of knowledge from the trainer! She critiqued my diet for what my goal is, corrected my form and incorporated new work outs that I will use on a regular basis. I will go back to her for the 10 sessions that I purchased and probably more. That being said - you have to be motived, dedicated and ready to make lifestyle changes prior to seeing the trainer or else there will be no progress. Change takes consistency and dedication.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I find it's easier when someone tells me what to do in fitness classes. I've never worked with a trainer before.

I think you should try forcing yourself to stay when you get tired. If you've never done it, you never know what's gonna happen. I'm usually super tired when I start running, but it goes away if I keep going. Just a thought..
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Do they do classes at your gym? I will always stay to the end of a class but I might have gone home 20 mins sooner if i was working on my own, and I work harder. I have used a PT before and it was good, but I still had to be accountable to myself. I hsd some anxiety issues for a while and knowing I had reason I had to be at the gym at a fixed time helped, and we had an agreement that if ever I cancelled he would immediately rearrange (we always tested - my choice)
    Try a trainer and see, get some recommendations first or watch them work while in tyje gum, to find someone whose style you like, and have clearbgoals - do u want to lose weight, train for a race, lifts?
  • angfirst
    angfirst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My husband and I hired a trainer. He comes once a week, but helps us write up a plan on what to do on the days he is not here. Although it costs a bit, it has been worth EVERY penny.
  • JusSlim
    JusSlim Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you have the money go for it... If not, just join a local community center and you'll find someone to inspire you!!! Do something you'll be able to fit into your lifestyle... Doing something that works for others usually become impossible and leads to feeling like you've failed when in reality you're doing something that didn't work for you
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    nikki5544 wrote: »
    Because I know I don't have the motivation to keep going when I get tired I will go home from the gym.! I need a nice looking strong minded trainer.

Yes a trainer can be a very worthwhile investment for form, motivation and pushing you

And, IMHO, they should practice what they preach and look fit and in shape, but go by recommendation not looks

All trainers are strong minded, they also need to be empathetic and knowledgeable and personable and you need to be able to trust and relate because letting someone make you do stuff outside your comfort zone takes trust...not a "pretty face"