Stressed to the max

So I've been eating less and healthier and been exercising but somehow I managed to gain 9 lbs. So frustrated right now

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Please show your diet log. You may not be eating enough food each day. You may be experiencing a combination of muscle gain and a lot of water retention or your body is starvation mode' and it is hanging on to every bit of weight you have or you have lost a lot inches.
  • tiffany32015
    tiffany32015 Posts: 5 Member
    Idk what it is but it's upsetting me
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Have you been weighing all your food, and have you been eating back your exercise calories?
    Perhaps there is some maths which is off somewhere. Also if you're exercising/due for your TOM/your toilet habits have changed as a result of eating less, the 9lbs may not be a true gain.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Starvation mode is a myth. And her profile says she only started in December so she's not gained 9 pounds of muscle either.

OP, are you weighing out your food on a food scale? You need to open up your food diary so someone can give you a better idea of what's gone wrong.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Starvation mode is a myth. And her profile says she only started in December so she's not gained 9 pounds of muscle either.

OP, are you weighing out your food on a food scale? You need to open up your food diary so someone can give you a better idea of what's gone wrong.

For starvation mode to be an actual thing, all of those horribly underweight skin and bones people you see on the food aid appeal type adverts in 3rd world countries just wouldn't exist. Because their bodies would have entered 'starvation mode' a very long time ago.