No stamina!

Options
I have been working on slowly changing my habits to become a healthier me. The food is mostly on track (I cheat too much, but most days I eat well), but I can't get into exercise! I have never been athletic or consistently exercised, so I'm finding it difficult to build up my stamina. At about 30 minutes, I feel like I can't go on. I usually work out using my Xbox Kinect doing Zumba or KinectSports games. It's not real high impact, but it can get intense. Any suggestions on why I may be hitting this wall or how to get past it?

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Try doing two 30 minute workouts.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I never use to exercise at all..
    But now that i am exercising i still struggle with it..

Im doing P90x..
    I turn a 1 hour worjout into like a 3 hour workout, by pausing whenever i need to for as long as i need to..
    It takes up alot of yourday.
    But whenever i need to break, i break and then i can continue on in a few minutes and do more exercise.

And remember any exercise is better than no exercise.
    Than 30 minutes you can do a day will really make a difference!
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do better (mentally) if I get out and exercise with others. I am very social. Can you take any classes or walk with a friend?

I also reward myself while exercising (stationary bike, elliptical, treadmill) by watching my DVRed shows on TV. I don't allow myself to watch the shows unless I am exercising.
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of doing two shorter workouts. Right now I'm on summer break (I'm a teacher) but I want to have some routines that I can keep up when the school year starts. I may be able to do an early morning and evening workout. :)
  • mshedlock
    mshedlock Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't the dog always makes a great workout buddy. If I don't really feel like working out I take Cayman for a walk. It benefits both of us, and she always wants to go further and further.
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The dog can be motivating, but it's hard to take her out for more than a 20 minute walk when it's 80 degrees by 8 am! But I can try to get out earlier...