Fit Bit or Jawbone?

Options
I'm looking to get a tracker, does anyone have an opinion?

Replies

• kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've had both a Jawbone Up and Fitbit Flex. I love the data of both. If I were you I'd try both on and see which is more comfortable to you to wear. I feel like my Flex is a little more secure on my wrist.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I've had the Jawbone UP and now I have the Fitbit HR Charge. I definitely think the jawbone's data was much better and more accurate than the fitbit but since I have a billion friends with fitbits to do challenges with and none with jawbones- I stick with fitbit.
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

The social aspect of Fitbit devices is a great motivator, you can challenge your friends and there's also personal challenges.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone UP Move but will be switching to the FitBit Blaze once it comes out. I'll probably wear both for a while to compare.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge HR, and I love it! The challenges you can do with friends is definitely a motivator!
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Aleeshawilliams22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm so nervous I won't like one if I order it online! I like the style of the Jawbone
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Check out other activity trackers. There's a million besides Jawbone and Fitbit. I use Polar devices. They have a 24/7 activity tracker.
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit! Their customer support is awesome, so if you ever have a problem you have a company that cares. I also love that social aspect of it. I feel motivated every week I'm in a challenge and I enjoy the "cheers" you can send to friends. I would definitely recommend getting a Fitbit.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Garmin! I switched from FitBit to the Vivoactive and I absolutely LOVE it. I can't wait until it's warmer out where I can use swim and cycling functions outdoors!

I would stay away from the Blaze. It's a watch face that snaps into a band. It isn't water proof. And the day they announced it their stock plummeted telling me share holders have no faith in it. I also have a One that was replaced twice in 18 months because it would just stop working. Never got it wet, dropped it, or any other potentially damaging incidents. And I will agree, their customer support is awesome. I just don't want to get my device replaced every 6 to 9 months.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Fitbits customer support. I have been wearing the Flex since 7/2013 (had the Force till it died on me) and I also have Garmin's Vivofit (first incarnation w/HRM). I find them motivating since I have a sedentary job.

I just pre ordered Fitbits Alta as I want the band but NEED to see step count on the device. They are also releasing Blaze next month, similar in look to Apple's watch but it appears to be too big for my wrist (and does not show the actual count on the watch face from what I've read).

Tons of options out there ...depends what you are looking for in a tracker and if you like the look & feel of it.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fitbit enthusiast here. I'm a fan of trackers because they make you aware of your activity level. Without my Fitbit I would be averaging between 2000-5000 steps a day. Now I make sure to at LEAST do 10,000.

The challenges are also a LOT of fun and keep you engaged.
  • sherrybroom
    sherrybroom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love my Fifbit Charge HR.
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP and I'm thinking about upgrading to an UP3. I really like the layout of the app, the friend duels, and the data/coaching provided. My sister used to have a FitBit Flex the data given was very similar but the layout was very different. I didn't look into very much though and I'm not sure what out features FitBit offers but I will say that after seeing the layout of the UP app my sister ended up getting a Jawbone after her Flex started to mess up on her.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP and I love it. I actually want to upgrade to one of the better ones, but I also may just get a FitBit Charge HR. Still in the air on that decision.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to the Facebook page of each and read user comments before making a decision.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone Up3. For me I personally I love it! Very little issues with it and any issue I did have customer support was on it within hrs everytime. The steps duels and the social aspects are very nice.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    she_lived_wholly_forevermore Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I had the jawbone. It died after 6 months. I liked the data and how it worked and the inspiring and helpful messages. The free 'upgrade' they gave me never worked. Data was ridiculously off (600 cals for walking 30 minutes. Yeah I don't think so). I recently got the Fitbit charge HR. I'm enjoying it greatly. It's very accurate. Gives close to what my chest strap HRM says I burn. I do wish it had more insight messages like jawbone does though.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There are seemingly continual problems with MFP being able to import FitBit tracker data. Even today, NO calorie burn data from Fitbit will update to MFP. Just FYI. Be aware. YMMV
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have Jawbone UP2. I love the app and the layout. I played with the fitbit app and didn't think it was as good.
    I also don't like the look of the fitbits. Groupon has a deal on refurbished UP2's. They come with a one year warranty.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with the Jawbone, but I do love my Charge HR. I find it to be very accurate, I've even tested the HR feature and it's always been right on. Again, no experience with the Jawbone, but I do find the FitBit app to be very user friendly.