A Parent's Failing Health & Emotional Eating

Options
My Dad had a total right knee replacement last Friday and, due to some other health problems, remains in the hospital. I am very close to my parents and cannot imagine life without them. The stresses of the last week have caused a spike in my emotional eating and the gain of a little over 3 lbs. Please, if you are a praying person, say a prayer for my Dad. And also any prayers for me would be appreciate too. It's been super hard to fit the gym in between work and hospital visits.
Thanks!!!!

Replies

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Prayers sent for you and your father. three pound fluctuations are normal with me. I am an emotional eater too. you can do this!
    Rob
  • Stephlb627
    Stephlb627 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    Prayers sent for you and your father. three pound fluctuations are normal with me. I am an emotional eater too. you can do this!
    Rob

Thank you so much!!
  • fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your dad will be fine I'm sure but saying a prayer never hurts, consider one said. As for the emotional eating, I've never done it, but I have smoked, in every situation you can think of, smoking was linked to every emotion I ever felt, happy, go have a smoke, sad, go have a smoke, nervous, go have a smoke, worried, go have a smoke, bored, go have a smoke, lonely, go have a smoke, frightened, go have a smoke, celebrating something, go have a smoke! Can you translate this to eating or not? If so, I have a tip for you...I gave up smoking on the 1st of March 2015, the nicotine withdrawal was hard but the habit and the emotional triggers were by far the hardest things to overcome. My strategy when I wanted that cigarette so badly I could taste it (yes, even 3-6 months quit), was to just STOP and ask myself "what will this cigarette do for me?"
    Well, I knew it would make me feel so much better... FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES. The rush would be amazing and I would be relaxed.
    Then...the guilt would creep in, "OMG, why have I done that, I said I wouldn't, now I'm back to square one."
    Whoa, sorry to rant, but something about your post resonated with me.
    Hope your dad recovers soon and you can get a handle on the whole emotional eating thing. God bless xxx