5' 2" ladies, how much do you measure around your hip & thighs?

Options
I seem to be transforming my upper body, but inches lost from lower body is slow. Weigh 65Kg, 5' 2". I measure about 39" at hip, 22" & 19" at upper & lower thigh. I still have more to lose.
How much do you people measure or what would be a good healthy measurement?

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    As far as healthy, it's not necessarily unhealthy to be bigger around the hips. In fact, it's healthier to carry fat in the lower body than around the torso. Aesthetics are different. Jan 2015 I was 40" around the hips/butt now 26.5". I measure once a month. For bottom heavy people the fat comes off slower there. Look at my profile photo-pretty lean but I'm still trying to lose fat from butt and thighs. I'm 5'2" 46 yrs old and 115 lbs
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    At 133lbs I have a 28" waist and 34.5" hips. When I first started at 218lbs I had a 42" waist and 47.5" hips.
  • WM916
    WM916 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely my problem! I'm halfway to my goal. At 139 right now, and my hips are still 39-40 inches. I hate it.
  • WM916
    WM916 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I looked up 65kg so I'm only a few pounds less than you and hips are about the same. Sounds like we'll both just have to wait and see if they finally shrink as we get closer to goal.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft1 and measure 36" at bust (28GG) 28.5" waist, 39.5"hips, 22" top thigh and 19" mid thigh. I'm 42 and weigh 133lbs. The hips and thighs are shifting much slower than the rest of me but they are on the way now. I think I will always have curves and am trying to look at my lower half as sexy rather than hating them! I think I want to lose another 10ish pounds and figure some of that has to come off the hips and thighs!
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 145, and measure 36" at the hips.
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    SW:240
    CW:219
    GW:145

measurements
    neck - 15
    waist - 35
    hips - 48
    upper thigh - 27
    stomach - 39.5
    chest - 38

I still have a lot to lose
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    5ft 2"
    hips 35.5"
    Thighs 19.5"
    waits 26.5"
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 also and weigh 63kg , i am a pear shape with a 29" waist but a 41" hip!!! I have the same problem with lower half .started off 187 with 35" waist and 46" hip post partum.
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and have big hips. I feel your pain.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Im 5'2 also and weigh 63kg , i am a pear shape with a 29" waist but a 41" hip!!! I have the same problem with lower half .started off 187 with 35" waist and 46" hip post partum.

Same here.

I need success stories where people lost inches on their thighs, please. :D
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    All anyone can ever tell me is 'squats, lunges, squats, lunges' with heavy lifting. It works to tighten things, but doesn't seem to be reducing the size! lol Let me know if you come up with a solution.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Time, as I've seen someone post in another thread. Your legs have been carrying around an extra x pounds/kgs for the last x years. Its going to take time for them to catch up and reseal they aren't lugging all that extra weight around anymore.

I actually noticed this on biggest loser too. They lose incredible amounts of weight but in the last show before finale they often still look heavy in the legs. Then they do a similar amount of time @home between that last show and finale as they have on the show and their bodies seem more proportional in finale.
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying.. So, it IS going to take time.. :smile:
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    As far as healthy, it's not necessarily unhealthy to be bigger around the hips. In fact, it's healthier to carry fat in the lower body than around the torso.

Not true.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    As far as healthy, it's not necessarily unhealthy to be bigger around the hips. In fact, it's healthier to carry fat in the lower body than around the torso.

Not true.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/taking-aim-at-belly-fat
  • cinkrusch
    cinkrusch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »

Not true.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/taking-aim-at-belly-fat

Thanks for this! A nice read.
    I'm 5'2" and hips at 39.5. Doesn't seem that big to me, but I would like to trim a couple of inches off that area.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Big hips and thighs are healthy. Mine are modest yet sturdy at 37 inches and 21 inches, respectively. My waist is 24.5 inches, which gives me a healthy waist-hip ratio. I have no desire to get thinner.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!