IBS -C

Options
Hello,
I have had IBS C for a very long long time and usualy think something else is wrong with me! Anywho, i am usualy bloated, often have abdominal pain, and take a few trips to the hospital a year. I wish my symptoms could end with diet, but my stomach is just an A hole. A few months ago I was put on linzes, and I have never in my life been so relieved! However, I have reduced the amount I take it to not everyday because there are liquifying side effects. But Id rather have that then nothing for the whole week!

Hope you find balance!

Replies

• LyssieLou
    LyssieLou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Linzess didn't work for me, caused more unbearable pain
    : \ but I too would take "liquifying side effects" Over nothing! Anything is better than nothing haha
  • jordanb86
    jordanb86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Obviously I don't know how to work my account. How do I delete this as a discussion? i was trying to reply to another thread!
  • LyssieLou
    Options
    Ohh, haha umm I'm new to the chat thing myself.. sorry.
  • jordanb86
    Options
    LyssieLou, sorry you didnt get any relief. The pain of IBS is quiet unbearable. I had began to think I would go get a colonic before the doctor put me on linzes.
  • LyssieLou
    Options
    I did get one once, quite the experience I must say lol but didn't last long... felt awful a few days later : \ glad it works for you.... does it cause you any pain?
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    LyssieLou wrote: »
    Linzess didn't work for me, caused more unbearable pain
    : \ but I too would take "liquifying side effects" Over nothing! Anything is better than nothing haha

I'm a long time Linzess user. Do you take it correctly? Also, following a low fodmap diet sure helps.

• jordanb86
    Options
    LyssieLou wrote: »
    I did get one once, quite the experience I must say lol but didn't last long... felt awful a few days later : \ glad it works for you.... does it cause you any pain?

I had a relapse of pain, hosptial trip, and tests done again around the end of novemeber. I have been on Linzes since and have had no pain. I feel lighter, and when I look down I look much slimmer then I am used to. So, no recurrent pain yet and I hope it stays that way.