need some info. on speeding up metabolism

Options
I've lost 28 pounds since Jan.9th. I'm really looking for more ways to speed up my metabolism so I am able to lose weight faster.

Replies

• mandi_manson
    mandi_manson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've heard green tea so I researched it the studies say you will lose about 70 calories a day by drinking 3-5 cups that isn't much. I've heard honey, lemon, and water. Does anyone know anything scientifically proven?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Seriously? That is less than 6 weeks. That is a HUGE amount of weight to lose in that short amount of time.
  • Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Green tea, lifting weights, coffee, any caffeine really, water. Just stay active.
  • hectorh82
    hectorh82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds since Jan.9th. I'm really looking for more ways to speed up my metabolism so I am able to lose weight faster.

i would say keep doing what you have been.. 28lbs is nothing to shy away from, to fast is not a good thing, slow and steady (you seem to have lost it quickly). if you "have to" just eat foods that enhance your metabolism and do not take supplements that way you dont "force" your body past its natural limits.
  • Bawlerb
    Bawlerb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Things that are thermogenic can help in small ways. Think of chili peppers cinnamon, but not necessarily together!
  • mandi_manson
    Options
    Well I weighed 303 so I was averaging 3500 calories a day and plus just to maintain that weight. So simply eating between 1200 to 2300 calories a day which i usually hit about 1400, but im allowed more on my app for daily count. I am making better choices with everything I put in my mouth. Drinking only water and an occasional diet mountain dew. Weighing my food and researching menus before I go to restaurants.I'm fully dedicated. I have dropped significantly plus I'm very active at my job because I run a restaurant so I am constantly moving.I have not exercised or I'm not starving myself so I feel great. I take a daily vitamin and I've taken three green coffee bean supplements.
  • mandi_manson
    Options
    This is a life time change for me not a crash diet so I will stay away from pills. I just thought there were natural things. So coffee and water. I heard pineapple helps too. I tried 90 percent dark chocolate I almost puked. Lol chili peppers should be good I love spicy things.thanks for all the suggestions!
  • mandi_manson
    Options
    Hector what natural food speed up your metabolism besides the ones mentioned above?
  • mandi_manson
    Options
    hectorh82 wrote: »

i would say keep doing what you have been.. 28lbs is nothing to shy away from, to fast is not a good thing, slow and steady (you seem to have lost it quickly). if you "have to" just eat foods that enhance your metabolism and do not take supplements that way you dont "force" your body past its natural limits.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    None of these things in this thread work to speed up your metabolism

Caffeine is a stimulant

The rest is faddish lies

Build muscles

28lbs in 6 weeks Is hopefully a lot of water weight because otherwise you are decimating your LBM

There is a reason 1-2lbs is deemed healthy rate of weight loss...actually there is a lot of scientific research behind it ...over 4lbs loss a week is ridiculous unless you weigh over 400lbs and even then only if supervised
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're losing over four pounds a week and want to go faster? Why? You didn't put it on quickly, so it's not going to come off quickly.
  • vickymessmann
    vickymessmann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do a google search. Building muscle is the way to speed up metabolism.
  • mandi_manson
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The foods are good for ppl who have insulin resistance-mainly cinnamon helps. So many diabetics and women with hormone issues I thought I'd support your mention of cinammon
    Bawlerb wrote: »
    Things that are thermogenic can help in small ways. Think of chili peppers cinnamon, but not necessarily together!

Except that cinnamon at therapeutic doses may be hepatotoxic because of the coumarin it contains. Best to avoid.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed 303 so I was averaging 3500 calories a day and plus just to maintain that weight. So simply eating between 1200 to 2300 calories a day which i usually hit about 1400, but im allowed more on my app for daily count. I am making better choices with everything I put in my mouth. Drinking only water and an occasional diet mountain dew. Weighing my food and researching menus before I go to restaurants.I'm fully dedicated. I have dropped significantly plus I'm very active at my job because I run a restaurant so I am constantly moving.I have not exercised or I'm not starving myself so I feel great. I take a daily vitamin and I've taken three green coffee bean supplements.

Sounds like your metabolism is just fine! No foods you eat are going to change your metabolism. Exercise and additional movement (although it sounds as though you are reasonably active) will increase the amount of calories you burn per day. You don't want to lose too fast, though, since as you said you want this to be a real lifestyle change that you can keep up after you lose the weight and as you lose too high a deficit can lead to more muscle loss than necessary. 2 lb/week would be great and appropriate at your current weight.
  • mandi_manson
    Options
    Thank you lemurcat I for sure don't want to lose muscle! I will just keep doing what I am doing and not over pushing myself where I hurt my body. Only 93 pounds to go. Thank you