salad dressing ideas?

Options
I want to make my own salad dressing instead of using store bought. Any HEALTHY LOW CALORIE recipes? :bigsmile:

Replies

• HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm a vinegar freak so can do a salad with just vinegar... would love some other ideas though.
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    use greek yogurt as a base for ranch add the seasoning packet for the ranch flavor
  • staceyschley
    Options
    Golden Garlic

1 cup evoo
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup honey
    1/4 cup low sodium soy
    lots of fresh garlic and ginger (as much or as little as you like)

put all ingredients in food processor. I will never buy store bought again.
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    grapefruite juice
    a bit of vinegar
    a bit of oil
    a big of honey
    salt and pepper to taste

AMAZING!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Check out recipes (online) from Cooking Light magazine and Eating Well magazine. I have pulled quite a few dressing recipes from both of those sites.
  • mswicked
    mswicked Posts: 2
    Options
    i use salsa as a salad dressing from time to time.. just as an added flavor.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    *low-fat sour cream mixed with salsa for a taco salad
    *olive oil with your favorite vinegar (I prefer red wine vinegar and rice wine vinegar...balsamic for a treat since it has more sugar and calories)
    *Greek vinaigrette: 3T red wine vinegar+3T olive oil+1T water+clove of garlic (or less if you don't like it)+pinch of salt, pepper, and dried oregano
    *slice a garlic clove in half and rub the inside of your salad bowl with the cut side and throw your veggies in. Sprinkle on 1-2T of your favorite vinegar and 1T of olive oil, toss and enjoy.
    *For coleslaw: non-fat greek yogurt, lite mayo, and balsamic or rice vinegar.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'll email you one from another friend here on MFP.. it looked GOOOODDDDD
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Salsa... ymmmmm. SO good on a salad.