Sugar Addict in Rehab.

Options
Today is my first day towards changing the rest of my life!! Boy that really sounds ambitious! I am a total Sugar/Carbohydrate addict and have consulted a physician for guidance on changing that. Six weeks of detox from sugar!...woo hoo!! So here goes something!!! Good Luck to all!!!

Replies

• shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I totally need a sugar detox as well. What sort of plan does the doctor have you on for the next 6 weeks?
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I know I need to reduce my sugar too... Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    South Beach diet really helps a lot with sugar cravings. I never felt hungry when I did it, just requires some planning ahead so you can eat 5-6 smaller meals to keep your blood sugar stable. Good luck! I know this is something I struggle with too.
  • eprater73
    eprater73 Posts: 4
    Options
    The diet is 1,200-1,300 cal Lean Protein, 50g-100g "good" carbs, 50g-100g sugar. No Root Veggies, no artificial sweetener because it's proven to increase sugar cravings and make you want to eat more. Eat real sugar when necessary 50G-100G. No high fructose corn syrup. One serving of fruit a day though no bananas or grapes. Any kind of Berry is allowed for that serving. Good Fats allowed. Vegetable only side salad at lunch and dinner. More Carbs may be incorporated after the six weeks. You can also do a version of this with NO fruit for 7 days and 500 cal a day for a jump start. Though not for me..I WOULD TOTALLY STARVE!! That's the basics. Based very closely to South Beach. So far so good for me...