New with 100 pounds to lose

Options
Txnurse97
Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
Hi!

Started using this site about 3 weeks ago, and I've already lost 15 pounds! I had actually signed up last year but got away from it. Life gets in the way, but I'm not getting any younger and it's time to get serious.

My name is Kate, I'm 37 (eek!), married for almost 11 years, with a 2 year old daughter. I'm an RN, working in a hospital full time (3 12 hour shifts a week). I live outside of Fort Worth, Texas, although I'm originally a Yankee, having grown up outside Chicago.

Looking for some friends to help keep me motivated....I have a few friends on here now but would love to have more so I can be inspired!

Replies

• Cyd46
    Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wtg on the 15 loss!! You can add me if you like. We all can us as much support as possible : )
  • Tules13
    Tules13 Posts: 16
    Options
    CONGRATS on the 15lbs... This site has been a lifesaver for me please add me if you'd like.. Support is a wonderful thing! :D
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    MFP is a great tool and wish I'd found it when I started my journey! Keep up the good work and NEVER quit! Be patient & forgiving with yourself and take 1 step at a time - literally! Friend me if you'd like ... I've certainly been in your shoes! (((Hugs)))
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 15 pounds lost !~ You can add me as a friend if you would like !
  • cazjosjac
    cazjosjac Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Carol I live in the UK, I need to lose 140lbs by August 2012. I am going to do it, so far I have lost 20lbs since May 2nd. I joined this website on 19th June. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • fuzzbugjr
    fuzzbugjr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss. I've been a member for a bit, but started to get serious about 3 weeks ago. I live in Arizona, but am originally from Chicago. Due to health and medications, it is very slow going for me. I also need to lose 100 pounds.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to help support you on your journey.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow transplant Texan!!!

I live in North Dallas and also have about 100 pounds to go.
  • flrgl
    flrgl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay we are already friends. But I love how this puts people together to support each other!!! I have to start using the food tracker better than I have been!!!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    congrats
    I have just started about two weeks ago as well
    it's a great site:)
    feel free to add me